sherdogs hypocrisy.......

They are both beasts. ANd IMO will eventually be the top 2 p4p.

this is a stupid post. people say both are beasts and both are nothing but unproven hype.

we don't need any threads made to respond to some fictive "sherdog consensus."

"man everyone downs on my favorite fighter here at sherdog. lemme take a few minutes and prove otherwise..."

Weidman got the bashing earlier as he rustled Andersons fanboys jimmes, DC is just starting to get it now that he's getting into the position to do the same to Jones fanboys.

I think there has been a transfer of fanboyism to those attacted to the UFC brand as well, notice that Anderson has been dropped in favour of Jones for ye old "Fedor isn't the GOAT" debates.

Yes...into MMA because of the brawks! And I got 99 problems but Sherdog ain't one of them. So what was your point TS?

Dc is a BEAST
15-0
4top10 wins
10 finishes for a rate of 66%

But

Weidmans a HYPE
11-0
4 top 10 wins
Finished 8 out of 11 for a rate of 72%
And finished 5 out of 7 in the ufc

But but dc fought at hw............yeah well he never fought the best at hw....or even the 2nd best
Weidman on the other hand....:)
Renans OVERRATED
32-2
22 finishes
3 consecutive title defenses(more than cain/hendricks/pettis/weidman)
Has wins over-mcdonald/jorgenson/faber(2xs)/wineland/pickett.......6 top10 wins

But but he never.......but nothing! You can count on one hand how many posts gave dillashaw a "chance" against barao

I'm convinced the majority of posters are either high/drunk...between the ages of 16-22....have never trained in any form of combat sport....watch tmz religiously....wear skinny jeans.....frequent coffee shops....only drink micro brews.....major in art history.......wouldn't fck kim kardashian , AND would say they PREFER emily watson......think grafetti is "art".....attend raves.....consider dj's musicians.....couldn't throw a straight right or apply an arm bar.....got into mma cause of brawk......secretly find jon jones/ronda/dana attractive and try to mask their feelings with ill thoughtout criticisms

Being a FAN is rightgeous

Having different opinions....BASED IN SOME SORT OF REALITY is fucking cool and leads to great discussions

Sherdogging 99 pages of stupidity only makes you look foolish

you pretty much nailed dude and made me smirk. There is a decent amount of posters that have trained and or fought before though.

Wouldn't follow anything Kanye does, including KK.

Would spank to. Would not touch.

Eh you sure bc was in the top10?? Was coming off loss to stipe

But if you're right......ok fair enough FIVE

Yeah,
RN was still ranked Top 10 by SB Nation Consensus

sb-nation-logo.png

HW - 2013 - Aug 22 - SB Nation
1. Cain Velasquez (12-1, 60 points)
2. Junior Dos Santos (16-2, 54 points)
3. Daniel Cormier (12-0, 48 points) Cormier's done a lot of talking about eventually fighting Jon Jones. But if his fight with Roy Nelson is similar to his fight with Frank Mir, would the public buy it?
4. Fabricio Werdum (17-5-1, 42 points)
5. Antonio Silva (18-5, 35 points)
6. Travis Browne (15-1-1, 30 points)
7. Frank Mir (16-7, 20 points)
8. Josh Barnett (32-6, 17 points)
9. Alistair Overeem (36-13-3, 1 no-contest, 10 points)
10. Roy Nelson (19-8, 6 points) Is it a little weird that Nelson is still ranked ahead of Miocic after Micocic had a dominant victory? Maybe. But Nelson can once again silence his doubters when he meets Cormier.
Others receiving votes: Stipe Miocic 4, Mark Hunt 2, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 1.

Graffiti is art, and some DJs are musicians.

Stop talking in absolutes and as if your opinion is fact. Fugaz.

Its only Art if it makes money.... otherwise its a creative way to waste time.

There I said it....

One eats chicken what does the other eat New York Steak. :icon_chee

They are both beasts. ANd IMO will eventually be the top 2 p4p.

Eh maybe....kind of hard unless
Aldo/cain/jbj all fall
I can't see dc being able to close the distance against jones ....I just think the obscene reach advantage in his kicks/punches is gonna be to much to overcome

...Eh weidmans gonna have to put up a nice streak...and THAT'S a tough road, its potentially. Former ufc lhw champ/former ufc lhw champ / former sf mw champ / former sf mw champ

i think you are trying to stereotype the typical hispter kid but then throw in "watched wwe", which most don't watch so your stereotype kinda fails. also graff is art, moron.

Well you have to look a bit closer. Both of the Silva fights were a bit inconclusive. The only other people on Weidmans resume is Maia and Munoz.

DC on the other hand has beaten better comp than Maia and Munoz. Plus he just looks incredible whereas Weidman not so much.

"man everyone downs on my favorite fighter here at sherdog. lemme take a few minutes and prove otherwise..."

No...not a big fan of any of 'em

Thread was a pointless "smoke break thread" that was made on the fly simply after seeing....a million barao sucks threads(I thought tj had a good shot b4 the weekend)....and another million DC is god incarnate threads(was really impressed with him sat, but wanted hendo to win...nostalgia).....and a sprinkle of weidmans getting his ass kicked threads(he's not)

Kind of occured to me that weidman and dc is pretty similar....so I wondered at why so many fans are pro dc. And anti weidman?......I mean they're very similar fighters with very similar fight styles who have been similarily dominate and conduct themselves similar outside the cage ......seems kind of hypocritical that on one forum they're both viewed so differently

As far as barao....couldn't care less 'bout the dude(huge cruz fan).......but its really odd that there were so many nutriders on fri, but come tues ...he's a clown.........kind of makes you question who are mma fans

Meh I don't think most mma fans are as unreasonable a bunch as the majority of people who post here(I'll admit that I'm basing that simply on the 6-10 dudes I watch with from the gym)
So who are the majority? Well. That's the last part.....ima go ahead and assume you fell into the catagory and were somehow offended?.....

Wins over Big Foot, Barnett, Mir , Nelson and Hendo i think that is a great resume, maybe not a

Eh maybe....kind of hard unless
Aldo/cain/jbj all fall
I can't see dc being able to close the distance against jones ....I just think the obscene reach advantage in his kicks/punches is gonna be to much to overcome

...Eh weidmans gonna have to put up a nice streak...and THAT'S a tough road, its potentially. Former ufc lhw champ/former ufc lhw champ / former sf mw champ / former sf mw champ

Well JBJ WILL fall to DC.

Aldo could fall to Mendes. But I cannot see anyone beating Cain for a while...

To be fair TS, The only posters on here saying Weidman is hype are AS haters.

Back