sherdogs hypocrisy.......

No...not a big fan of any of 'em

Thread was a pointless "smoke break thread" that was made on the fly simply after seeing....a million barao sucks threads(I thought tj had a good shot b4 the weekend)....and another million DC is god incarnate threads(was really impressed with him sat, but wanted hendo to win...nostalgia).....and a sprinkle of weidmans getting his ass kicked threads(he's not)

Kind of occured to me that weidman and dc is pretty similar....so I wondered at why so many fans are pro dc. And anti weidman?......I mean they're very similar fighters with very similar fight styles who have been similarily dominate and conduct themselves similar outside the cage ......seems kind of hypocritical that on one forum they're both viewed so differently

As far as barao....couldn't care less 'bout the dude(huge cruz fan).......but its really odd that there were so many nutriders on fri, but come tues ...he's a clown.........kind of makes you question who are mma fans

Meh I don't think most mma fans are as unreasonable a bunch as the majority of people who post here(I'll admit that I'm basing that simply on the 6-10 dudes I watch with from the gym)
So who are the majority? Well. That's the last part.....ima go ahead and assume you fell into the catagory and were somehow offended?.....

this is part and parcel what i didn't like about the op: you keep attributing sentiments to people without any justification. "sherdog thinks this" and "sherdog is hypocritical"--WGAS? let's talk mma, not talk about some supposed widely held opinion or hypocrisy you want to correct.

all these "sherdog this..." or "sherdog that.. bla... shertards" threads are so ridiculous and should be banned.

It becomes apparent in every thread that opinions are very diverse (es normal in discussion board) and the hipster TS's trying to alienate themselves from rest and pretend like they have standalone point of view and exclusive more sophisticated opinion are bunch of morons...

There is no generalization of what "sherdog" thinks and if you still insist on generalizing that much you should be at least be consequent and include yourself, stupid TS!

NOT EVERYONE says Weidman is hype...
NOT EVERYONE says DC is a beast (that can beat Jones, etc)...

YOU are just focusing on those little factions that do say that... and you're attributing it to all of Sherdog posters.

Actually, I'd say more people say DC is hype.
Seriously, who calls Weidman hype?

So unless you have exact quotes from individual posters, saying DC is a beast **AND** that Weidman is hype, then you can't really make a hypocrisy argument.

You make a great point about using the opinion of a subset as if it were the opinion of the majority or even the whole. But there is nothing hypocritical about thinking Cormier is legit but Weidman is hype or vice versa.

all these "sherdog this..." or "sherdog that.. bla... shertards" threads are so ridiculous and should be banned.

It becomes apparent in every thread that opinions are very diverse (es normal in discussion board) and the hipster TS's trying to alienate themselves from rest and pretend like they have standalone point of view and exclusive more sophisticated opinion are bunch of morons...

There is no generalization of what "sherdog" thinks and if you still insist on generalizing that much you should be at least be consequent and include yourself, stupid TS!

Pretty much, all the OP did is kick down the strawman argument her created.

Dc is a BEAST
15-0
4top10 wins
10 finishes for a rate of 66%

But

Weidmans a HYPE
11-0
4 top 10 wins
Finished 8 out of 11 for a rate of 72%
And finished 5 out of 7 in the ufc

But but dc fought at hw............yeah well he never fought the best at hw....or even the 2nd best
Weidman on the other hand....:)
Renans OVERRATED
32-2
22 finishes
3 consecutive title defenses(more than cain/hendricks/pettis/weidman)
Has wins over-mcdonald/jorgenson/faber(2xs)/wineland/pickett.......6 top10 wins

But but he never.......but nothing! You can count on one hand how many posts gave dillashaw a "chance" against barao

I'm convinced the majority of posters are either high/drunk...between the ages of 16-22....have never trained in any form of combat sport....watch tmz religiously....wear skinny jeans.....frequent coffee shops....only drink micro brews.....major in art history.......wouldn't fck kim kardashian , AND would say they PREFER emily watson......think grafetti is "art".....attend raves.....consider dj's musicians.....couldn't throw a straight right or apply an arm bar.....got into mma cause of brawk......secretly find jon jones/ronda/dana attractive and try to mask their feelings with ill thoughtout criticisms

Being a FAN is rightgeous

Having different opinions....BASED IN SOME SORT OF REALITY is fucking cool and leads to great discussions

Sherdogging 99 pages of stupidity only makes you look foolish

Well...

DC IMO is still hype.
Yes, he beat good guys, but who's his best win?
Roy? Josh Barnett?
And at LHW, who did he beat?
A barista and TRT-less Hendo, who was outweighed by about 30 LBs...

I don't consider this great accomplishments.

Note: I am not saying he is bad or even that he is not great. But I am waiting for him to fight true elite fighters, because IMO this is what will bring him above the good-but-not-great fighters he's beat.

As for Weidman, He is also too green to know.
IMO he is elite. He proved that against Silva (no matter how the "wins" happened). The fact is, he did win.
And even if you take away HOW both fights ended, he was behaving in the cage much better than 99% of fighters who fought Silva prior to him, so this alone shows he is elite IMO.
But GOAT? Sorry, I disagree.
Not because I don't think he can get there, but because I think GOAT is only measured at the tail end of one's career, not potential alone.

And finally Barao:
I do believe he is elite. His wins over Faber (an elite fighter himself) is prof of that.
His win-streak is another factor.
But now it is the time we will see what he is made of. He just lost.
We shall see how he rebounds.

Overall, I do agree with TS's point though.
People need to take their fanboyism out before making an assessment. And if they can't be true to themselves, there's little point discussing about it.

Back