Sherdog - who's a gimmick, and who's for real?

ehtheist

#FreeBanchan
Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering what peoples' takes are on other posters - who's a gimmick, and who's for real?

HendoRuaGOAT - is he *really* a monster Bernie supporter or just putting on an act? I'm inclined to think he's for real, though I think we're both in for some bad news in the near future. Might not be feeling the Bern for very much longer...

Ripskater - is his religious stance for real, or is he just a masterful troll? I'm guessing real, but sometimes I have to do a double take on things he says.

Kardashians - I don't even know what this person's gimmick would be, but there is a pattern of being very pop-culture in her/his posts. Is he/she/zer for real?

IDL - my favourite poster. He's always on message, always pushing one conspiracy for another, for years on end now. I think he's for real - and I think he says things which are a little close to home for some posters so they attack him.

Danthewolfman.com - if any of you hang around the grappling forum, you know him, and probably hate him. The guy is either some bizarre flavour of totally legit and very impressive, or he's one hell of an on message and elaborate troll. Love his posting and he deserved to be edited in.

Any other posters that spring to mind on the gimmick front? Who has convinced you, and who's a shameless hack just putting on an act for attention?

Edit: Included @DanTheWolfman.com . Great poster, great man - great troll?

Last edited:
People think my quick hands, fast feet and more abs than you can shake a stick at are a gimmick.... but it's all legit.

never heard of any clown you mentioned in your thread and not even you.

I have 2 other accounts one is a mod and the other a professional fighter...try to guess...

never heard of any clown you mentioned in your thread and not even you.

Seriously? You don't know Rip or IDL? They're practically landmarks over in the War Room.....

This thread would be much more fun in the War Room.

WorldofWarcraft is a boss

IDL and Rip are two of my favorite posters... now if were talking gimmicky posters then "Fauxfap" in the Boxing forum cant be real.

No one is 100% real 100% of the time. You present a different side of you to different people in different situation. There are certain situations where personality just naturally are more on display (drunk, gambling, etc...)

I am actually more real on internet because the repercussion of the expression of my opinions are very little. I can say a lot of stuff without fear of any real backlash.

This thread would be much more fun in the War Room.

WorldofWarcraft is a boss

I agree, but it's not really political/ideological or anything like that so, even though the audience there would lap it up, I don't really think it fits the forum.

I am as real as it gets

Kardashian has to be a gimmick.
There a couple in the WR. That one dude who thinks surfing is harder than war.

Back