• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Week 77 Discussion - Halloween

I wonder what would happen if somehow a studio compelled him to make a movie like The Princess Bride or The Goonies.

Rob Zombie takes on a family film. Hmm.

Maybe it would be pure genius, like when Robin Williams started doing serious roles.

But probably not....lol

And nobody better ever touch Princess Bride. That shit is perfect and I will not have it besmirched by a remake.

I will note that this film is already the most heavily discussed film since Sound of My Voice back in March. First film to break 100 posts since Bone Tomahawk in May.

It's definitely a successful thread. Lots of activity both from people in and out of the Club.

Resurrection is when Laurie gets thrown out the window and dies

I think you might remember something like that

Well it was actually the first Halloween movie I ever watched. I'm not sure I even knew the significance of Laurie at that time. I knew that JLC had been a big part of the franchise but I had never actually seen her in the role before.

Mostly I just knew that Halloween was an important horror franchise and I was like fuck it, let's go see this new Halloween movie. I took this girl I was kinda sorta dating at the time.

H20 is trying to revive the glory. There's just only so much that can be done. Love some Adam Arkin and bummed he's the guy playing the fool.

Seems like it's trying to give JLC that Sigourney Weaver Aliens vibe and it's not really working.

Sad that you love SLC more than movies. :(

Bruh, weren't you the one who said . . . let's see . . . oh, here it is. . .

When I said that we were going to be discussing Halloween this week in case you (and the other new guys) wanted to watch/rewatch it for the discussion, you said:

"Not much interest in watching that one again."

But now you're suddenly reverential toward the series?

Based on what? Nostalgia?

Eh. I was only 4 when it came out. There was just something I enjoyed about 7-8 people being stuck at an empty boarding school with Michael wandering around. The opening scene did a good job of setting the tone. The callback to Loomis was well done (I found it interesting that it wasn't actually Pleasence giving that speech, it was Tom Kane the voice actor). Laurie deciding to stay and fight Michael instead of running again was nice. It was decent, and after Halloween 6 I was okay with that.

Bruh, weren't you the one who said . . . let's see . . . oh, here it is. . .

When I said that we were going to be discussing Halloween this week in case you (and the other new guys) wanted to watch/rewatch it for the discussion, you said:

"Not much interest in watching that one again."

But now you're suddenly reverential toward the series?

Am I reverential toward the series? Pretty sure I've advocated no more than the first couple out of like nine flicks. I'm just busting your chops for watching an inferior movie based solely on location of the shoot.

Eh. I was only 4 when it came out. There was just something I enjoyed about 7-8 people being stuck at an empty boarding school with Michael wandering around. The opening scene did a good job of setting the tone. The callback to Loomis was well done (I found it interesting that it wasn't actually Pleasence giving that speech, it was Tom Kane the voice actor). Laurie deciding to stay and fight Michael instead of running again was nice. It was decent, and after Halloween 6 I was okay with that.

I skipped 6 after 5 being whatever and someone giving me a synopsis of 6. Movies are like albums in that how you appreciate a band has much to do with what album your first acclimate yourself to.

Last edited:
Am I reverential toward the series? Pretty sure I've advocated no more than the first couple out of like nine flicks. I'm just busting your chops for watching an inferior movie based solely on location of the shoot.

I'm just fucking with you. Though I did think it was interesting that you said you weren't interested in watching Halloween again while at the same time you seem to like it a lot.

Aww shit, two of the houses used in Halloween 4 are within walking distance of my apartment.

Back