Sherdog gets it's credntials back from UFC

sherdog is back because they got rid of the sickness

I just checked up on the Josh Gross thing and, as irritating as Dana is, Gross was really out-of-line.

When you're in the media, very often, you're given access to certain information that isn't meant for the public to know simply because it's unavoidable for you to be able to write the stories. The media respects this because they recognize that the media access benefits them just like their coverage benefits the company, so they don't screw it up...and when you cross that line it's understandable for you to be banned (though I don't know if the Gross incident is what made them get banned).

For some examples, the media is often allowed to screen movies before they're released so that they can have reviews of the movies ready by opening day. It's understood that they don't plaster the ending or big twist of the movie on the front page of their paper. Journalists in sports are often allowed into the locker room to interview the players after the game, often while they're getting dressed. They don't publish naked pictures of the athletes (male or female) or write articles on who has the flabbiest ass (or biggest whatever) or other tasteless crap.

Likewise, Gross should've known (and probably did know) that certain information he became privy to as a result of being allowed to cover events was not revealed so that he could spoil it and damage the success of the product (and ultimately damage his own credibility and his own site/paper/whatever when they are barred from access in the future). A pretty tasteless decision and as wrong as Dana is very often, Gross was definitely wrong there too.

He said he felt it was news worthy because it resulted in a title shot, but I think it was wrong to leak it. Dana leaked Shogun turned down Glover, Kongo turned down blah blah blah, so they're even... sort of. I still watched TUF 4 not knowing who won and would have still watched if I knew who won, so not that big a deal.

He said he felt it was news worthy because it resulted in a title shot, but I think it was wrong to leak it. Dana leaked Shogun turned down Glover, Kongo turned down blah blah blah, so they're even... sort of. I still watched TUF 4 not knowing who won and would have still watched if I knew who won, so not that big a deal.

If Dana talks about what goes on in the UFC it isn't leaking. It's the company president releasing information.

very nice, tj seemed super happy that he finally got to interview dana white, and it was a good interview so he probably got them there credentials back haha

hunt being gone probably pleases the bald one

gross was actually trying to be a journalist and break stories that people cared about, the people getting slighted are never fans of actual journalism

Oh. FWIW, I was posting on here under a different handle back then.

[*]One Account per User: multiple accounts are not permitted. If you have a good reason for needing more than one account, contact an administrator and ask for permission. Usage of multiple accounts to circumvent penalties will result in a ban.

Back