Sherdog gets it's credntials back from UFC

In B4 UFC takes Sherdog's credentials away, again!

I don't think Josh Gross was crendentialled, even though he showed up at the UFC on FOX deal announcement press conference where I think FOX handled the credentials.

I think Sherdog previously had to buy tickets to attend, where if credentialled, they go for free and get to sit in press row with the other media guys with their laptops.

They didn't get press passes, couldn't sit on press row, couldn't attend the news conferences that are not open to the public, didn't get access to fighters, etc.

The issues with Sherdog date back to when Josh Gross (I think) gave the results of taped but unaired TUF fights during the first season.

Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.

I thought it was season 4 that Gross spoiled, could be wrong tho.

It's Christmas time, and Dana's heart has grown three times as large

Bout time. Like it or not sherdog is synonymous with mma journalism. Everyone comes here

I'm pretty sure they had credentials still after gross ruined tuf comeback and it was something else.

Oh, did they? I knew that was why they lost them in the first place, but if they got them back in the interim I hadn't noticed.

Needless to say, the Sherdog front page is not really my source for MMA news.

Good news -- I don't agree with people who say that Sherdog kisses ass though. If you listen to the Sherdog Radio Network on a regular basis, you'd likely agree that they are rather indifferent to the situation. I do think it's great that Dana White is taking the high road, but I don't see why he feels the way he does about Loretta Hunt. I don't recall her ever playing the victim card. All in all though, good shit Mr. White.

hopefully they aren't stupid enough to get them pulled again.
I hope you mean sherdog. They tried to strong arm the ufc first FYI. I think they just thought Pride was gonna make it and burned some bridges with the ufc

Pardon my ignorance on this one, but what exactly does that mean? I know about Dana's issue with Lorretta Hunt, but was Sherdog not allowed at UFC venues?

Yes.

At one point they wrote an editorial taunting Dana because they still managed to get inside the events (w/o media credentials) to do their round-by-round analysis write up.

If I'm not mistaken the shit started when they found out the winners of a TUF season and decided to publicize it. It was the comeback season (TUF 4 maybe?) that drew the ire of Zuffa and started the problems.

Perhaps someone can back me on this one.

Oh. FWIW, I was posting on here under a different handle back then.

Bout time. Like it or not sherdog is synonymous with mma journalism. Everyone comes here

Give Sherdog credit. They may not break many stories, but 99.99% of everything they report is verified.

I hope you mean sherdog. They tried to strong arm the ufc first FYI. I think they just thought Pride was gonna make it and burned some bridges with the ufc

what are you talking about with the strong arming?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back