Sherdog gets it's credntials back from UFC

I hope this credential era lasts longer than the most recent one where it was given back then taken away not too long after.

It'd be nice if DFW Jr started posting in Sherdog as often as he does in UG.

So is Sherdog now hiring representatives to go to these events? Plats should of course get the first applications.

I hope this credential era lasts longer than the most recent one where it was given back then taken away not too long after.

It'd be nice if DFW Jr started posting in Sherdog as often as he does in UG.

Biggest flip flop of posters you will ever see on a forum. I bet it would go something like this:
"Screw, Dana. He's watering the cards down and ruining MMA."
After Dana post for the first time:
"Dana, that card was sick!!!! Let me get some tickets!!!:

I thought it was season 4 that Gross spoiled, could be wrong tho.

Gross had done a couple things in addition to the tuf reveal or i believe he did (ya i'll have to research this if i get time). If i remember correctly he turned down an offer to run or take some position at ufc.com. He also wrote an open letter i think to dana, could have been to the ufc in general, about cleaning up fighter images and alleged steroid abuse.

It'll be interesting to see how this changes the quality of the coverage of UFC related material on the site.

They covered UFC fine without credentials via guerilla tactics and meeting the fighters in their rooms etc. If anything, they'll be able to ask questions in the press conferences and maybe get more access to insider info straight from Dana rather than via their other Zuffa contacts. Maybe it'll mean more UFC fighters can freely do Sherdog Radio interviews or post on Sherdog.

Bout time. Like it or not sherdog is synonymous with mma journalism. Everyone comes here

you gawdam right

even dana comes here, secretly.

I wish he would credential sherdog.net instead so they could fly forum members out to do the journalism.

you know we'd get some troll geniuses to bring the lulz

So is Sherdog now hiring representatives to go to these events? Plats should of course get the first applications.

It's been breen, tj, Sherwood, and savage for years. They just had to get regular seats and cover it from there and use their connections with fighters/managers and finding them at the hotel for their interviews.

If so, it's probably because Zuffa is tired of making the effort to do pre and post fight press conferences only to have scarce questions or just dumb questions from press who barely know anything about MMA so don't ask any good questions. Having an actual MMA (long time MMA) website involved in asking questions can only benefit the sport and the buzz.

I try to catch all post fight press conferences, and the questions really do suck.

i have to agree, sometimes one reporter asks the same question (worded slightly different) than the previous one.

I'm very grateful for this Sherdog is my main MMA news, media, & info source. Sherdog is actually my most visited site.

Nice, let's see how long it will last

Just wait until Bellator picks up. Sherdog will write a positive article on them and get their UFC credentials yanked once again.

Hunt and Gross are gone, time has passed since the rant, biggest site around. Sounds reasonable.

in b4 dana looks at sherdog's rankings, sees michael chandler in the top 10 and pulls the credentials again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back