Sherbros who are training partners of UFC athletes?

I trained with Tim Kennedy back in the day when he was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC... it wasn’t a very good experience, he was a regular gym bully, let’s just say I don’t root for him and he was a total toolbox before he even made his name in Strike Force. I giggled when he was eventually dominated by a guy who was on the All Army Judo team, although he probably gave up 40 lbs. point is there’s some one bigger and better.
Not surprised unfortunately. Kennedy (to me) comes off as a douche really.

We were all training at the JFK Special Warfare Center, they had an after hours grappling club that I’d attend 2-3 days a week. He would show up sometimes basically trying to find guys up to his level for actual training, he’d basically go full out to see what you had, he’s mostly dominate guys. The Judoka (Mike) was also a BJJ BB and great on the ground, I actually liked rolling with him because he would also teach if you had an interest in learning. Anyway, Mike was I’m guessing 6’3” 250, Tim might have been 200 lbs, they grappled from the standings position wearing a Gui, it quickly went down and that was the only time I saw Tim tap or get bested... you could see in his demeanor he was upset and butthurt...lol

what happens in the gym stays in the gym, unless ur a dick
{<jordan}
That just makes the Romero and Gastelum fights seem that much sweeter.

Trained with alot of the lighter weight UFC fighters from my area from 2013-2018. I was very competent and technical in every art but wasn't elite in anything.

As a result the more striking based fighters (Ryan Benoit, Will Campuzano, Edwin Figueroa) I would grapple alot with them to bring there game up in that area. For the reverse the grappler based UFC fighters (Damon Jackson, Matt Hobar, Steven Peterson) had weak striking so i'd train alot of standup with them.

Don't train as much anymore. The newer era of UFC fighters in my area (Geoff Neal, Usmans brother, Ryan Spann, Adbul Alhassan) are all way too big anyways so I couldn't train with them even if I was active

I attended an Anderson seminar once, thats as close as it got.

I Train at Victory MMA and Alliance in San Diego.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

They're just people. Some have big egos, most don't.
Both are fantastic gyms.
whats it like training with Cruz

I wonder if sometimes at the other dojos the top amateur / part timers in a gym ever clown the pros...

The most competitive person i've ever seen. I've rolled with him a couple times, but nothing crazy. I've watched him in practice and he doesn't like to lose at anything. ANYHING. You name it, pushups, sprints, burpees, whatever. He always wants to win.

I would have been suprised if he wasn't that way if im honest.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

Both are fantastic gyms.
You did have the frame for wrestling.

upload_2020-11-19_18-3-24.gif

I'm a bigger gym hero than Mike Pyle. I toy with top 10 fighters every day. I just don't want to fully commit because I'd have to quit my day job as a counselor for children and cut down on volunteering at the dog shelter.

Spend you days at the dog shelter, helping dogs.

Spend your nights at the Dawg Shelter, beating up dudes.

I wonder if sometimes at the other dojos the top amateur / part timers in a gym ever clown the pros...

There’s certainly a lot of guys out there with the potential to.

Dan Miragliotta was my instructor back in the 90’s and this guy could submit UFC guys like Judo Joe Charles, then rough up a pro kickboxer in his ring. He definitely had UFC ties back then because he was a part time judge. If I had to guess, I bet his wife asked him not to do it. He had a full time job with PSEG and had two young sons.

I’m sure there are better examples, but I bet there were countless undiscovered legends that no interest in being a full time fighter.

I fought Khaos Williams older brother, Mo, 8 years back in an amateur bout.
He trained khaos then and Is still in his corner to the day.

There’s certainly a lot of guys out there with the potential to.

Dan Miragliotta was my instructor back in the 90’s and this guy could submit UFC guys like Judo Joe Charles, then rough up a pro kickboxer in his ring. He definitely had UFC ties back then because he was a part time judge. If I had to guess, I bet his wife asked him not to do it. He had a full time job with PSEG and had two young sons.

I’m sure there are better examples, but I bet there were countless undiscovered legends that no interest in being a full time fighter.

Now he's a corrupt ref... Crasyy

I have rolled with Rodolfo Vieira and when I say I have rolled I mean I got rolled.

he is friends with my coach in melb Australia and did a seminar where he rolled with each and every person in the gym.

He smashed (in a nice way) every single one of us.

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

Both are fantastic gyms.
How good is Jocko? Is he a gym bully or rather a cool dude? There was one video of him neckcranking the shit out of some dude in a "light" roll lol

I basically made Jon Hess and taught him the deadly fighting art of SAFTA. Hence why he went undefeated in UFC and was banned after he won from ever fighting in UFC again due too SAFTA being way too dangerous and deadly for softie martial arts. He would have reigned as UFC HW champ from 1994 until current day, as there is no known way to defeat SAFTA.

Back