Sherbros who are training partners of UFC athletes?

I trained with a couple of guys who fought in the UFC. One had couple fights and the other had a go on DWCS. Neither one of them were very successful. Either one of them ragdolled me easily

I got into mma training with Curtis Stout and Rob Kimmons

American Jiu Jitsu

Thales Leites showed up once. Great guy, way biger than it looks on tv.

I'd pay good money to 'train' with Laura Sanko

I'd advise wearing spandex and go straight for back mount.

lauralegs-jpg.815039

ESxY0qbX0AEpLvm.jpg

No but Grey Maynard lives two doors down.

How good is Jocko? Is he a gym bully or rather a cool dude? There was one video of him neckcranking the shit out of some dude in a "light" roll lol

Jocko is the most intimidating person i've ever met. He is definitely not a gym bully. He's a really nice guy. He owns the gym and really cares about the team.

As far as skill, he is very talented. Him and Dean Lister go at it and Jocko gets the best of Dean sometimes.

I basically made Jon Hess and taught him the deadly fighting art of SAFTA. Hence why he went undefeated in UFC and was banned after he won from ever fighting in UFC again due too SAFTA being way too dangerous and deadly for softie martial arts. He would have reigned as UFC HW champ from 1994 until current day, as there is no known way to defeat SAFTA.

John Matua taught me how to get knocked out with style lol. I actually trained BJJ with Shaloin Riberio briefly but my full job was too much of a pain to juggle .

I Train at Victory MMA and Alliance in San Diego.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

They're just people. Some have big egos, most don't.
Both are fantastic gyms.

Who was the "best" one you faced? Who absolutely destroyed you and who went a little easy on you? I'd imagine Davis would be tough b/c of his size and background. And Lister b/c of his skillset would be a handful!! Like when you are grappling with someone like Lister do you feel like a helpless child? I bet Hill was the easiest one ;)

Who was the "best" one you faced? Who absolutely destroyed you and who went a little easy on you? I'd imagine Davis would be tough b/c of his size and background. And Lister b/c of his skillset would be a handful!! Like when you are grappling with someone like Lister do you feel like a helpless child? I bet Hill was the easiest one ;)

The person who has surprised me the most is Cat Zingano. That girl can wrestle her ass off.

Lister is definitely the hardest. He's bult like a mack truck and there's just nothing you can do to him. I'm a fairly big guy and a great wrestler. I feel like a child when I roll with him. Phil is such a great wrestler. He owns.

I've trained with two girls ranked in the top-15 of their respective divisions. Kinda of makes me chuckle when guys say things about female fighter "XYZ" kicking most men's asses. It's night and day. I'm sure there are some instances where it could work but I've seen both get hurt by relative newbs that lacked techinque and unintentionally spazzed for a moment.

I Train at Victory MMA and Alliance in San Diego.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

They're just people. Some have big egos, most don't.
Both are fantastic gyms.
Just curious why do you train at two gyms? I have to due to travel for work.

I've trained with two girls ranked in the top-15 of their respective divisions. Kinda of makes me chuckle when guys say things about female fighter "XYZ" kicking most men's asses. It's night and day. I'm sure there are some instances where it could work but I've seen both get hurt by relative newbs that lacked techinque and unintentionally spazzed for a moment.

I'm not the typical Sherdogger. I'm only 6'1" 185 pounds. But I think I'd do OK against the likes of Alex Albu or Angela Magana. Nunes would beat me into living death obviously, as would Val.

I trained at Jackson's MMA from 2008-2012. Had a few amateur fights. I'm still friends with John Dodson and he cornered me in all my fights. I trained occasionally with many of the fighters at Jackson's. Joe Stevenson was my grappling coach for a while. I regularly sparred with Clay Guida, because he was in the gym pretty much all day every day and wanted to get rounds in with anyone he could.

Did small bits of training with many other pro fighters at Jackon's but I have a great story involving Tom Watson

Went to grappler's quest 2009 in Las Vegas with a group from Jackson's. We rented a few vans and drove up. Only pro fighter with us was Tom Watson. After the tournament we went to one of Tom's clothing sponsors house. Drinking got crazy and Tom and I got into a UK vs USA drinking contest. It ended with Tom puking first and me declaring myself the winner and then eating a flying knee to the chest from Tom in the driveway before the owner of the house sprayed us with a water hose to get us to stop being drunken idiots.

good times

John Matua taught me how to get knocked out with style lol. I actually trained BJJ with Shaloin Riberio briefly but my full job was too much of a pain to juggle .
lol. Hey I just picked up UFC 4 recently and didn't see Matua in the game, absoutley disgrace, how could they leave him out?. I will make a CAF of him just for you.. but they won't let you make 400 Ibs fighters, 265 is the cap on the game, it sucks ass

I used to be in charge of polishing/putting on Fallon Fox’s cup. It was deemed unnecessary for WMMA, so my job got canned

yes to all you akst. I had my first street fight on my first day of school, I was 6 years old. My older brother find out who strongest tough kid in my age and asked his brother to tell him to beat me up. Fucking kid spilled my choko milk and destroyed my super donut. I did not fight back as I was in shock that my brother was behind it all and laughing at me when and after it happened. 3 days later I fucked that kid up for life. 10 years later I broke my brother orbital, make a tooth fall and choke him out in front of only my mum and little brother, after I had not see any of them since I was 12. I am 42 now.

Woah...TMI?

Back