Sherbros who are training partners of UFC athletes?

We were all training at the JFK Special Warfare Center, they had an after hours grappling club that I’d attend 2-3 days a week. He would show up sometimes basically trying to find guys up to his level for actual training, he’d basically go full out to see what you had, he’s mostly dominate guys. The Judoka (Mike) was also a BJJ BB and great on the ground, I actually liked rolling with him because he would also teach if you had an interest in learning. Anyway, Mike was I’m guessing 6’3” 250, Tim might have been 200 lbs, they grappled from the standings position wearing a Gui, it quickly went down and that was the only time I saw Tim tap or get bested... you could see in his demeanor he was upset and butthurt...lol

what happens in the gym stays in the gym, unless ur a dick
{<jordan}

He honestly seems like that type of guy.
I don't understand not repeating sparring stories as long as it doesn't give someone else an advantage; and it's not used to paint one or more fighters in a bad light. People are there to train. Just because someone got dropped or tapped repeatedly in a sparring session doesn't mean that it's going to happen again, or that said person hasn't improved.
Conversely, Conor and Francis are KO artists, and we never (as far as I know) really hear about them KOing sparring partners.

I'm a bigger gym hero than Mike Pyle. I toy with top 10 fighters every day. I just don't want to fully commit because I'd have to quit my day job as a counselor for children and cut down on volunteering at the dog shelter.
I know what you mean. I can't do any sparring cuz no company makes a cup big enough to house my girth

I trained with Tim Kennedy back in the day when he was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC... it wasn’t a very good experience, he was a regular gym bully, let’s just say I don’t root for him and he was a total toolbox before he even made his name in Strike Force. I giggled when he was eventually dominated by a guy who was on the All Army Judo team, although he probably gave up 40 lbs. point is there’s some one bigger and better.

I've always heard he was very high on himself well outside the MMA world and in basic terms, an a-hole to most people.

I know what you mean. I can't do any sparring cuz no company makes a cup big enough to house my girth
That was an initial struggle for sure. I had to make a homemade one by attaching a jockstrap to one of these family size soup cans. It's not comfortable, but it gets the job done.

7d1a74d85c64cedbd43737f57d2cf488.jpg

One of the main coaches at AKA and former Bellator fighter Ron Kessler was friends with and on the HS wrestling team with my 2 cousins. He also has a brother who wrestled and all 4 of them were always hanging out at my aunt and uncles.

I was about 5 years younger than the youngest of them (12-17) so I didn't really have much of a chance, but it was always tag team wrestling matches.

They(Kessler's) didn't really mess with me bc I was so much smaller and not related to them, but my cousin's (one of which was a HW, and the other placed in states with a broken leg) used to maul me.

Actually broke my leg on easter when I was 5.

That's about as close as I got....

Bought some MMA gear off of Khama Worthy too pretty recently.

I've trained with a few over the years the biggest name guy was probably Patrick Cote. We sparred he lit me up but was throwing super light, really fast hands but would only just touch me with them no power. Seemed like he'd be a good training partner.

I took my first BJJ classes at Gracie Tampa while doing an internship at the University of South Florida. I ended-up drilling d'Arce chokes with Shane Primm, who was a TUF8 alumnus with a win over Sean O'Connell, but lost his only UFC fight against Soszynski. He also has a win over Mike Dolce. He was cool and patient even though I was a total noob and couldn't get the d'Arce, lol.

I Train at Victory MMA and Alliance in San Diego.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

They're just people. Some have big egos, most don't.
Both are fantastic gyms.
Pretty awesome, any cool stories?

Getting owned. Lol.

Overall, I'd say Cyborg was my favorite person i've ever trained with. She is a truly genuine person and the opposite of what you'd expect. She's a teddy bear.
She does come across as one of the most real genuine person's in the mma world. Too bad she doesn't look natty and the UFC just loves to sh** on her...

I trained with Tim Kennedy back in the day when he was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC... it wasn’t a very good experience, he was a regular gym bully, let’s just say I don’t root for him and he was a total toolbox before he even made his name in Strike Force. I giggled when he was eventually dominated by a guy who was on the All Army Judo team, although he probably gave up 40 lbs. point is there’s some one bigger and better.
Doesn't surprise me one bit. He always carried himself as a typical douche. It's actually pretty sad when a skilfull strong fighter loves going to a gym to bully the weaker people.

I got called into help Ngannou before his Blaydes rematch. My job during that camp was to help Ngannou with letting his striking fly. We had a couple hard sparring matches where I really had to take it to him and get him to be aggresive during those difficult moments. It paid dividends and I was credited with his KO win over Rozenstruck (sp?) as well. We are great friends to this day.
Is this real or is this some sort of joke? If real that’s a cool experience

We were all training at the JFK Special Warfare Center, they had an after hours grappling club that I’d attend 2-3 days a week. He would show up sometimes basically trying to find guys up to his level for actual training, he’d basically go full out to see what you had, he’s mostly dominate guys. The Judoka (Mike) was also a BJJ BB and great on the ground, I actually liked rolling with him because he would also teach if you had an interest in learning. Anyway, Mike was I’m guessing 6’3” 250, Tim might have been 200 lbs, they grappled from the standings position wearing a Gui, it quickly went down and that was the only time I saw Tim tap or get bested... you could see in his demeanor he was upset and butthurt...lol

what happens in the gym stays in the gym, unless ur a dick
{<jordan}
Tim Kennedy is really retarded, I didn’t even know he was a UFC fighter

Not really related and i know its also for audience, but Joana champion and Bisping were also bullies in their TUF Season and seem like the type of people who are douche's in the gym.

I'm not surprised lol

yes to all you akst. I had my first street fight on my first day of school, I was 6 years old. My older brother find out who strongest tough kid in my age and asked his brother to tell him to beat me up. Fucking kid spilled my choko milk and destroyed my super donut. I did not fight back as I was in shock that my brother was behind it all and laughing at me when and after it happened. 3 days later I fucked that kid up for life. 10 years later I broke my brother orbital, make a tooth fall and choke him out in front of only my mum and little brother, after I had not see any of them since I was 12. I am 42 now.

Last edited:
Trained at AZ Combat back in the day when they had Varner, Ficket, Bader and Dolloway.

Back