Sherbros who are training partners of UFC athletes?

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Have you trained/do you train in renowned gyms where UFC fighters also train?
Must be a blast to live in cities with big mma gyms like Miami, San Jose, Montreal, Albuquerque etc.

yoel romero before he was a mma fighter - more than 10 years ago.

jarjis danho still in the same gym.

jessin ayari same gym back then. i am considering to join his new gym but dunno bra. too new school and casual hipster style.

I trained with Tim Kennedy back in the day when he was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC... it wasn’t a very good experience, he was a regular gym bully, let’s just say I don’t root for him and he was a total toolbox before he even made his name in Strike Force. I giggled when he was eventually dominated by a guy who was on the All Army Judo team, although he probably gave up 40 lbs. point is there’s some one bigger and better.

I trained with Tim Kennedy back in the day when he was stationed at Fort Bragg, NC... it wasn’t a very good experience, he was a regular gym bully, let’s just say I don’t root for him and he was a total toolbox before he even made his name in Strike Force. I giggled when he was eventually dominated by a guy who was on the All Army Judo team, although he probably gave up 40 lbs. point is there’s some one bigger and better.
Wow wouldn't of thought that of him, was he the type of guy to knockdown noobs or wasn't it that bad?
Also suprised by the fact he got dominated by a judoka of the the All Army Judo team, was it just a wrestling match or a grappling match with submissions etc.?

Have you trained/do you train in renowned gyms where UFC fighters also train?
Must be a blast to live in cities with big mma gyms like Miami, San Jose, Montreal, Albuquerque etc.
I got called into help Ngannou before his Blaydes rematch. My job during that camp was to help Ngannou with letting his striking fly. We had a couple hard sparring matches where I really had to take it to him and get him to be aggresive during those difficult moments. It paid dividends and I was credited with his KO win over Rozenstruck (sp?) as well. We are great friends to this day.

Not for 14 years or so, but I've trained with a few (5 or 6) guys who made it to the big show. Bunch of others who have fought in WEC, Bellator, and Strikeforce. Also met and watched a bunch of other bigger names at the gym(s) that I never sparred or rolled with.

Wow wouldn't of thought that of him, was he the type of guy to knockdown noobs or wasn't it that bad?
Also suprised by the fact he got dominated by a judoka of the the All Army Judo team, was it just a wrestling match or a grappling match with submissions etc.?
We were all training at the JFK Special Warfare Center, they had an after hours grappling club that I’d attend 2-3 days a week. He would show up sometimes basically trying to find guys up to his level for actual training, he’d basically go full out to see what you had, he’s mostly dominate guys. The Judoka (Mike) was also a BJJ BB and great on the ground, I actually liked rolling with him because he would also teach if you had an interest in learning. Anyway, Mike was I’m guessing 6’3” 250, Tim might have been 200 lbs, they grappled from the standings position wearing a Gui, it quickly went down and that was the only time I saw Tim tap or get bested... you could see in his demeanor he was upset and butthurt...lol

what happens in the gym stays in the gym, unless ur a dick
{<jordan}

You wouldn't have thought that of him?

I guess you didn't know that he "waterboarded" himself to show that it was no big deal and only snowflakes whined about it, he said soldiers with PTSD are basically weak and losers and of course, Trump supporter.

I train in a boxing gym with Sokoudjou way back when he was just about to start his MMA career. We sparred a little and he took it super easy with me, just light taps. I was 5'5" 155 ish amateur boxer. More skilled than he was though at the time.

But I saw him beat the hell out of another amateur who was like 5'10" 185. I was telling the coach (old school Navy boxer) to stop the session but he didn't. I was a bit upset, never saw that amateur again after that. Maybe he died.

Sokoudjou also apparently destroyed the knees of two sparring partners with kicks. Basically, he was known to be a bit of a bully.

I Train at Victory MMA and Alliance in San Diego.

I've wrestled my whole life and do BJJ. Never got into striking. I have wrestled with:

Dominic Cruz
Brandon Vera
Jocko Willink
Dean Lister
Jeremy Stephens
Angela Hill
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Wilson Reis
Leben
Joey Beltran

They're just people. Some have big egos, most don't.
Both are fantastic gyms.

Back