Share Your Knowledge About the Days b4 the Internet

Look at this show off

Some of us had to make use of the Victoria secrets magazine
I actually had that exact one. I remember asking my older cousin how two sisters could touch each other like they were. He said "women are strange" lmao truer words were never spoken

Calling a girls house and praying her dad didn’t pick up the phone

If you said you’d be somewhere at a certain time, you were there at that time

Haha!! Shit i forgot about that.. having to deal with girls' parents.. it took some guts back then..

I'd have arguments with friends that would last for days or even weeks, about something that takes two seconds to Google now.

It was like this: one guy would say something about Tyson knocking out riddick bowe.

I would be like "Tyson never fought riddick bowe. You must be thinking of razor ruddock"

then he'd double down on his argument "no way man, I remember it because I watched it with my uncle who had riddick bowe's autograph and kept talking about it during the fight"

And there was no way to settle it.

Yup.. in that regards i think the internet actually made us dumber..

Sure, absolute facts are undeniable but people don't theorize anymore.. (one of) the biggest advantages of being human is having a brain that is capable of calculating the outcome of probabilities and facts..

Now it's like people don't dare to have a theory unless backed by wikipedia.. "yeah, let me just google what i think"..

I'm not saying it's a good thing to argue false points but it's also inhibits discussion and thinking when you most of the times can literally pull the answer out of your pocket..

We played outside all day when we were kids.
We talked to each other instead of staring at our phones all day
We marveled at the incredible convenience of vhs tapes when they came out

Back then, you actually knew people's phone numbers. Everyone knew at least a dozen phone numbers by heart.

You could prank call people, that was always fun, until that damn *69 shit came out and ruined all the fun.

The best was just hanging out all day, playing sports, go swimming, fishing, bike around town- didn't need to worry about anything. Always outside, always moving.

I remember recording songs off the radio until I got a double cassette deck. Everyone used to make mix tapes.

Remember these?
tumblr_ltdo556Y6h1r1x71p.jpg

Its crazy were the last generation to know what its like with no mobile internet. Future gens are fucked if like a war or catastrophe takes it out long term, itll be like Bladerunner 2049 everything will be gone

Yep, same in reverse. If a girl called you you’d get the ‘who’s Deborah?’

I'm on sherdog man.. girls didn't call me.. :(

Nah honestly my mom used to fuck with me.. she'd say some girl called and she didn't give her name/couldn't remember the name.. that would fuck with a 13-16yo me.. :D

I miss searching for music
My buddy was a DJ and we would spend whole days in Berkeley and San Francisco going to record stores digging through crates of records, just seeing what kinda cool stuff we could find
Also going to the local mom & pop record store and looking through all the new rap cassettes from local artists that you havent heard yet, looking over the front and back cover and hoping to pick just the right one
Now every single song in history is available at your finger tips which is cool and convenient but I miss the thrill of the hunt

Last edited:
Playing pogs
Getting The Empire Strikes back on Laserdisc
Corded phones
Playing BBS at library
Looking up news on paper reels at library
Atari
Macintosh
300px-Macintosh_classic.jpg

It was great being completely oblivious to just how much defective human garbage is out there

Glad I'm not old as shit, sir.

Was there bleached assholes back then?

Fuck you man.. this is why my browser history is sketchy..

Ofcourse i had to google this as i remembered seeing it offered the first time in 2009/10.. now i know they started offering it in 2004/2005 in california but all my browser history says is "anus bleach".. i'm probably gonna get popups offering the best anal bleaching for the best price..

Fuck you man.. this is why my browser history is sketchy..

Ofcourse i had to google this as i remembered seeing it offered the first time in 2009/10.. now i know they started offering it in 2004/2005 in california but all my browser history says is "anus bleach".. i'm probably gonna get popups offering the best anal bleaching for the best price..
I was like you, when I heard of it first on JRE or something

It was a dark time.

I had seen a limited number of the tits.
Then the internet brought me all of the tits.

I had to have a set of encyclopedias to look up a wide range of info.
Then the internet made it a few clicks away.

Hard to believe, that the first twenty six years of my life went by without it.

A hundred years from now, what amazing things will be taken for granted? I try to be circumspect.

I was like you, when I heard of it first on JRE or something

Yeah, i also googled incels and followed that into mass shootings.. that was kicking a hornets nest.. but knowledge is power or some shit..

Back