Shannon Sharpe on Conor's inactivity: Skills are like muscles. You don’t use them, they atrophy.

Do you agree with Shannon Sharpe on Conor?

• Total voters
NFL players have an 8 month off season don't they?

Sharpe has been a bit of a dork sometimes with MMA material, but what he said here is correct, if not common sense and obvious to anyone who has done sports at a reasonably high level.

I don't believe however, the differential that is alluded to would have made a significant enough difference against Khabib to flip the loss to a win. The grappling difference is still very real and powerful.

NFL players have an 8 month off season don't they?
In which they sit around and get fat and lazy? What is it with people? Do you just not have any experience with sports? If you aren't practicing year round, this is what happens...
HonestAgitatedCaterpillar-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

In which they sit around and get fat and lazy? What is it with people? Do you just not have any experience with sports? If you aren't practicing year round, this is what happens...
HonestAgitatedCaterpillar-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

And Conor didn't train or spar? How do they get ready for game one in the NFL? Practice matches and preseason training.
Stupid point much the same as Shannon not very Sharpes.
Conor would have lost the same way, it's not like he lost his non existent wrestling skill.

Yes, Shannon is right here. He doesn't know much about fighting but he does know about being an athelete and how skills will decline with inactivity.

The only reason Conor lost is he was not motivated. When Conor is motivated he is the pound for pound greatest MMA fighter ever to step in a ring or octagon.
That is a fact, Jack.

Of course that's what happens. I've played guitar for over 20 years and if you go months without playing and it takes about as long to get back to where you were at. It's also good to take a break to get out of any repetitive rut you may be in and refresh.

He speaks truth the more Conor stays away from real time fighting and true grit training the more those skillz he had tend to slip away and become less responsive. I doubt Conor as moved beyond his yesman training schedule so he's not getting real sharp in his training if he's not real time fighting. Conor at this point I think can only compete with back of the pack top 10'ers and beyond. I think pretty much everyone has his number by now unless he changes it and adds real fighting tools.

The Conor that fought eddie would of KO'd khabib in the first
yawn. I am not sure which is more cringeworthy, Mcgregor himself, or his apologists who basically count that fight as a win because "if it was prime conor, its a first round KO" Conor somehow left the fight basically thinking he won. This dude has kids, how can he be so disgusting and yet not have an ounce of shame. Over/under on time til rehab for kid #1 is 17

The only reason Conor lost is he was not motivated. When Conor is motivated he is the pound for pound greatest MMA fighter ever to step in a ring or octagon.
That is a fact, Jack.
hahahah. Thanks for providing me a good laugh

Pro Football Hall of Famer and star of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed's Shannon Sharpe has commented on Conor McGregor's inactivity in MMA. What are your thoughts on this? I have to agree with him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Conor McGregor MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Conor looked like shit, because Khabib squeezed the life out of him in the first round and due to the fact that he had to abandon his bouncy shit when fighting an elite grappler who could take him in the blink of an eye. When the rematch happens, Conor will look as shitty as he did in the first fight, because Khabib will squeeze him like a lemon in the first round again. Oh, wait, there won't be a rematch AHAHAHAHA.

Conor needs a therapeutic use exemption for EPO, Testosterone and a bit of turinabol. Then he might last til the 4th round and be able to smoke Beeb once he tires

Typical Mcgregor fan BS.
The guy slapped his close friend enough for him to fly half way across the world. Going crazy at the pressers. Had just done a full boxing bout and where told his hands were EVEN better. Had multi millions that he used on camps. But teh excuse is he wasnt motivated haha
The only reason people say he wasnt the same is because he lost. 'Humble in defeat' they like to claim.

Eddie Alvarez's record going into the Conor fight was 3-1 in the UFC. Khabib Nurmagomedov's record going into the Conor fight was 10-0 in the UFC. I don't know why some folk keep ignoring the numbers and the record.

Because he’s a pro athelete who reached the pinnacle of his sport and is considered one of the best at his position, and also changed his position with the way he played it

He called Fedor a fraud. His opinion on MMA is bullshit. I'd give more credence to the average sherdogger as far as MMA knowledge.

He called Fedor a fraud. His opinion on MMA is bullshit. I'd give more credence to the average sherdogger as far as MMA knowledge.

The thread isnt about his MMA knowledge.
The tweets are broad statements about skill and conditioning.

And atany rate, if the man thinks Pride was fixed hes hardly the only one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back