Shannon Sharpe on Conor's inactivity: Skills are like muscles. You don’t use them, they atrophy.

Do you agree with Shannon Sharpe on Conor?

• Total voters

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Pro Football Hall of Famer and star of Skip and Shannon: Undisputed's Shannon Sharpe has commented on Conor McGregor's inactivity in MMA. What are your thoughts on this? I have to agree with him.

maxresdefault.jpg

Conor McGregor MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography - Sherdog.com

Why does anyone care what he thinks?

Maybe, but Khabib is a better fighter than Conor, and would have beaten any version of him.

Why does anyone care what he thinks?
Because he’s a pro athelete who reached the pinnacle of his sport and is considered one of the best at his position, and also changed his position with the way he played it

He's right you know. When Connor was on his "A" game he was fighting 3-4 times a year. Now he fights once a year if we're lucky.

Ring rust is bad enough if you take one extended absence. Taking an extended absence between every fight is a recipe for failure.

Cardio wasn't the reason Conor lost. He's just not as good as Khabib. Seems like since Conor lost to Khabib all casuals wanna do is make excuses as to why Conor lost.

Yeah Sharp is 100% correct, thats a very true statement. Any sport if you don't do it for a long time then you will get rusty at it, I used to play basketball a lot in my teen and early 20's, then didn't play for about 15+ years, and I thought I would get into again last year just for exercise and fun and OMG it was a huge embarrassment, couldn't shoot a hoop to save my life and felt so uncoordinated haha

Considering Conor’s whole game is about timing, not fighting regularly is not helping him keep that timing.

actually i think connor just doesn't have the genetic ability to have a better cardio, pretty sure he has woked on it like hell and still he has hard time doing more than 2 rounds.

Shannon is usually pretty off when it comes to MMA but he's right about this one

lies....I am great with women

Back