Seriously, this is the big superstar that the UFC let in???

Well, probably because a lot of people take the piss out of trash-talkers like Conor, Brock, and Chael, saying that their trash-talk is fake and WWE-like, so he doesn't wanna come across like that? Most people say they didn't want him to come and do it, yet now we're pissed that he's not?...

Why are MMA fans so insecure about this? When Ken Shamrock got into pro wrestling, WWE fans didn't freak out etc etc. He's a name, he'll bring some viewers, he's not going to be doing anything other than that. I don't get what the big deal is about.

You have me confused with one of your WWE fanboy buddies. How are you even excited at all if you're not a CM Punk fanboy? The guy should at least troll like Chael.

You're really excited to watch a guy that's been studying BJJ for a few years, and might have the worst striking in the UFC?

Sorry, that's what I call a fanboy.

My point isn't that a fighter should troll to garner interest. My point is, if you're in the UFC because you're a star, AND you suck, bring some of that superstar quality to the table. This guys as interesting as a paper bag.
Let me once again refer you to my first post, since you can barely keep track of what you are saying and what you are responding to...

"I'll be tuning in to watch whatever 0-2 fighter he faces completely wipe the floor with him."

Stop your whining now.

Let me once again refer you to my first post, since you can barely keep track of what you are saying and what you are responding to...

"I'll be tuning in to watch whatever 0-2 fighter he faces completely wipe the floor with him."

Stop your whining now.

And let me refer you to my post in which you got mad over......

"Yeah, you'll be amped for his first fight, then he gets destroyed, then what? What redeeming quality does he have to keep pulling you in if you're not a WWE fanboy? He'll just be some boring guy that got his ass whooped. He doesn't talk trash, so it'll get boring after a while."

Why are MMA fans so insecure about this? When Ken Shamrock got into pro wrestling, WWE fans didn't freak out etc etc. He's a name, he'll bring some viewers, he's not going to be doing anything other than that. I don't get what the big deal is about.

I'm not even insecure though, that's what you guys aren't getting. If I was insecure, I'd be the exact type of guy to say, "OMG, this trash talk is soooo fake! Get this clown out of here."

I want him to trash talk, or do something besides being boring, because it sure as hell isn't his fighting skills that's bringing me in.

I'll watch his first fight, just because. He gets his ass thoroughly whooped, then what? At least make me want to see you get your butt kicked, or make me want to root for you. I don't even know what his WWE gimmick is.

i was actually thinking the same thing. As distasteful as I find personalities like Brock and mcgreggor, clearly these are the "needle moving" types. This guy is the opposite.

He may have a few duke roofus tricks in his bag by fight time
but he won't crack the top 25
Feed him to brandon thatch if he's 170, or brad Tavares if he goes 85

He's been brought in solely to get the WWE fanbase to watch a match or two of MMA.

He can sit there and act like a bucket of noodles for all anyone cares, as long as a new demographic shows up to watch, thats all that matters, win or lose brutally.

If he starts acting in the so called "WWE schtick" then that would likely do more to hurt the sport than help it.

Whats the point of irritating the MMA viewing base for a long shot demographic try?

CM Punk is trying to be a face not a heel to use WWE terms.

He's not suppose to talk trash. His name power is the only thing he needs to be a draw at this point. CM Punk moves the needle because he was extremely popular in WWE.

You say he has no personality but that isn't true. There is more to mic work then catchphrases, and wearing sunglasses. If he does well he will make some fans out of hardcore MMA fans, and others will hate him because he is from WWE.

Last edited:
Not really a big WWE fan but I was aware who Punk was. He always came off as a crybaby to me.

I don't watch the wwe so I really don't even know who the fuck he is. Apart from someone who I won't pay to watch get his ass kicked.

Totally agree. Made a similar thread about this a few weeks back. The guy just isn't interesting. Brock at least had that intimidating look, CM Punk doesn't have anything aside from his built in fan base that's apparently going to pay 60+ dollars to see him fight some no name fighter.

If he brings in the WWE fans to buy a couple PPVs or watch on Fox, he's done his job. I believe they still do better numbers than the UFC.

ts needs to chill out and shut the fuck up, what a drama queen

Totally agree. Made a similar thread about this a few weeks back. The guy just isn't interesting. Brock at least had that intimidating look, CM Punk doesn't have anything aside from his built in fan base that's apparently going to pay 60+ dollars to see him fight some no name fighter.

Exactly. It'll be fun for them the first time, then when they realize he brings nothing to the table, fighting wise, and troll wise, then what? He'll just become Phillip Brooks, the guy that wrestled in the WWE, and keeps getting his ass whooped.

i expect there to be more of these big stars which does make it interesting once a while. not opposed to it.

Exactly. It'll be fun for them the first time, then when they realize he brings nothing to the table, fighting wise, and troll wise, then what? He'll just become Phillip Brooks, the guy that wrestled in the WWE, and keeps getting his ass whooped.

Well, remember in the big scheme of things, you're more of a nobody than Phil Brooks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back