Seriously, this is the big superstar that the UFC let in???

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TdotK, Jan 2, 2015.

1. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

This guy has nothing "superstar" about him. He sounds like he's giving a lecture at a College campus. He's boring as hell, and doesn't even have a look to him that might bring in non WWE fanboys.

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of bringing this guy in, if he doesn't bring any of that WWE shtick to the UFC? I get that he has his WWE fan base, but once he gets destroyed, he doesn't have the trash talk to fall back on, and people wanting to see him get KO'd. They'll just feel sorry for him after a beat down, and just say, "meh, that was OK while it lasted."

2. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

Tell us how you really feel. Then let's watch this thread end up in the wasteland.

3. Momentosis

Momentosis King Whitebelt

Well he wouldn't be a chick magnet otherwise.

4. I'll be tuning in to watch whatever 0-2 fighter he faces completely wipe the floor with him.

5. machidafan99

machidafan99 Silver Belt

Kimbo Slice was the biggest superstar.

6. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

Yeah, you'll be amped for his first fight, then he gets destroyed, then what? What redeeming quality does he have to keep pulling you in if you're not a WWE fanboy? He'll just be some boring guy that got his ass whooped. He doesn't talk trash, so it'll get boring after a while.

7. Meathead Jock

Meathead Jock WAR ASKREN

Agreed. Curious if its strategic on his part by not blowing his promo wad now considering he won't be fighting in the next 6 months; doesn't want to pull a DC vs Jones where the hype was bigger for the first time they were set to do battle.

But yea if he goes into his fight talking respectfully with well thought out logical answers and continues to seem a bit scared about the large task at hand, i'd say it was a waste of their time to lower their standards for him.

Not familiar with his "wrestling" but i'm guessing he will pick up the slack closer to his fight, assuming he goes through with it after some training with roufusport.

8. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

Exactly. If you're going to get the UFC contract handed to you because you're some famous wrestler, then act like a famous wrestler, and make it worth our whiles to actually watch you fight. Make me want to love or hate you. So far, it's just "meh, this is the guy everyone's talking about?"

If he's gonna be this bland, then why not take the more humble route, and fight for a lower ranked ORG??? Why does he want to be on the big stage if he's not gonna bring anything to the table? He sure as hell doesn't bring fighting skills.

9. dittohead84

dittohead84 Silver Belt

Yeah I think this signing is a load of bullshit

He's not even swole

10. Maladroit

Maladroit Purple Belt

Why doesn't he get all fake and start yelling at the mic, right?

11. J180

J180 Brown Belt

His shtick works in the WWE among all the over the top people and characters, but that same shtick or personality is just one of many that are already in MMA.

12. You have confused me with one of your 8 year old friends. I don't need a guy to talk trash to be interested in a fight, I don't need to get "amped" to enjoy a fight, whether they are amateurs or champions.

13. SongXIII

SongXIII Red Belt Platinum Member

This is a really sad thread.

14. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

Ummmm...yes, he absolutely should do that. If he wants to go the humble route, why didn't he just sign up with One FC?

15. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

You have me confused with one of your WWE fanboy buddies. How are you even excited at all if you're not a CM Punk fanboy? The guy should at least troll like Chael.

You're really excited to watch a guy that's been studying BJJ for a few years, and might have the worst striking in the UFC?

Sorry, that's what I call a fanboy.

My point isn't that a fighter should troll to garner interest. My point is, if you're in the UFC because you're a star, AND you suck, bring some of that superstar quality to the table. This guys as interesting as a paper bag.

16. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

Because I don't get why this guy is getting hyped to the moon, when he's a "superstar", yet acts like a bank teller at my local bank???

17. Slapchoppin

Slapchoppin Brown Belt

he's a big name and a likable guy instead of people tuning in to see him lose they're gonna tune in hoping he wins and then when he does people are gonna want to see him win more

and the Anti-WWE crowd are still gonna be drinking the haterade and want to see him lose

also you are transparently bitter and looking for any reason to talk shit on him

18. muaythaibeast

muaythaibeast Brown Belt

Would be awesome if they could get him in there with the Wealdstone Raider

19. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

I'm not anti-WWE at all. If you brought in the Rock or Stone Cold, I'd lose my shit, but with this guy, I just don't get it. Maybe I'm wondering how he's even a WWE superstar in general.

LMAO, just caught your edit. I have absolutely no reason to hate on him. I'm not even mad he's in the UFC because he's a superstar. My point is, if he's in the UFC because he is a superstar, make someone like me interested in you. It sure as hell isn't gonna be because of his fighting skills. Get it???

20. Joker Jiujitsu

Joker Jiujitsu Free toy in my Happy Meal

He's humble, but he wants to fight the very best, even if he isn't qualified... he wants to challenge himself above all else.