Seriously, this is the big superstar that the UFC let in???

Exactly. If you're going to get the UFC contract handed to you because you're some famous wrestler, then act like a famous wrestler, and make it worth our whiles to actually watch you fight. Make me want to love or hate you. So far, it's just "meh, this is the guy everyone's talking about?"

If he's gonna be this bland, then why not take the more humble route, and fight for a lower ranked ORG??? Why does he want to be on the big stage if he's not gonna bring anything to the table? He sure as hell doesn't bring fighting skills.

Is that a serious question?

Well, remember in the big scheme of things, you're more of a nobody than Phil Brooks.

Yes, in the OP, I clearly stated how I'm more popular and have more fans than CM Punk :rolleyes:

I didn't know who this guy was, still don't really.. but he evidently has a ton of money.. is wanting to fight in the ufc for his own personal pride.. their going to let him try by no fault of his own.. he's dealing with the haters by not really caring.. i see how people could blame the ufc for a marketing scandal but i don't think you can fault this Punk character one bit, i think he'll most likely win his first fight as well.

Yes, in the OP, I clearly stated how I'm more popular and have more fans than CM Punk :rolleyes:

Just pointing out how you, an internet nobody, can so easily dismiss someone who obviously has enough courage and drive to attempt a go at MMA. Keep enjoying your mother's basement.

Just pointing out how you, an internet nobody, can so easily dismiss someone who obviously has enough courage and drive to attempt a go at MMA. Keep enjoying your mother's basement.

Easily dismiss? Of course! The guy will look worse than Shinya Aoki vs. Melendez, and he doesn't even have the elite grappling of Aoki. Of course I'm easily dismissing him. Even his damn fans are.

I live in my mother's basement because you don't share the same sentiments?

CM Punk is a very authentic guy. Straight shooter. Good looking. Charming. Rebellious. He's like the protagonist of every movie ever. If Triple H didn't hate him he would have been a crossover star by now.

[YT]k-7zMsu4jXA[/YT]

[YT]ExKMoOpivxw[/YT]

Umm, maybe because he's a legit fighter? That's why they signed him. Not all fighters are the most charismatic or best talkers. Some guys have to rely on their skillset, and do the talking in the octagon. Punk is one of those guys. This guy is a kempo fighter who rolls with Gracies and they say he's like nothing they've ever seen before.

Sorry you don't get it. I'm gonna enjoy the fuck out of this.

They should have signed his girlfriend.

AJ-Lee-Cameron-005.gif

I'd watch all her "fights"

Agreed. Curious if its strategic on his part by not blowing his promo wad now considering he won't be fighting in the next 6 months; doesn't want to pull a DC vs Jones where the hype was bigger for the first time they were set to do battle.

But yea if he goes into his fight talking respectfully with well thought out logical answers and continues to seem a bit scared about the large task at hand, i'd say it was a waste of their time to lower their standards for him.

Not familiar with his "wrestling" but i'm guessing he will pick up the slack closer to his fight, assuming he goes through with it after some training with roufusport.

I was under the assumption that he'd keep up with the good, company guy stuff until he wins his fight. And if he wins his fight, he can get into the pro-wrestling mindset on the mic.

They should have signed his girlfriend.

AJ-Lee-Cameron-005.gif

I'd watch all her "fights"

Agreed, big fan of AJ; she would top Paige. Although I know this is a stupid question, but was that elbow a cheapshot or a scripted part of the match?

An avid student of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, and highly respected by his teacher Renar Gracie.

I also think you guys underestimate the fitness required for being a full time WWE fighter. The guy has elite cardio.

Mix those two tidbits in, and I absolutely think he has a chance to be successful.

honestly I've never ever heard of CM punk before UFC started to mention him..

Agreed, big fan of AJ; she would top Paige. Although I know this is a stupid question, but was that elbow a cheapshot or a scripted part of the match?

Improvised. Pretty sure wrestlers don't script matches that detailed.

I'll admit it looks like the ref is directing her

TS i agree.

-no fighting skill: check
-personality like a paper bag: check
-no shtick or wwe-superstar antics: check
-no reason to understand how he was even a professional wrestler: check
-will be 37 yrs old when he fight his first professional fight: check

WHY DID THE UFC SIGN HIM AGAIN?

An avid student of Gracie Jiu Jitsu, and highly respected by his teacher Renar Gracie.

I also think you guys underestimate the fitness required for being a full time WWE fighter. The guy has elite cardio.

Mix those two tidbits in, and I absolutely think he has a chance to be successful.

Ok sure thing bro, he's 36, done BJJ as a hobby, had multiple concussions and will have no fucking idea what it's like to be smacked around by a pro fighter.

Success waiting to happen. :icon_lol:

Also WWE fighter?? Please be a pisstake post.

trre.gif

I had no idea who he was when they announced his signing. I had to google him.

I actually still don't really know, if he was a huge strong guy I get why they'd sign him.

Can someone explain simply how this guy became a big thing? Thanks

Back