Serious question, should Erick Silva consider retirement from MMA after tonight?

I like how people make threads like this as if making the decision to retire is a simple one with few factors involved.

Seriously. You're not a professional athlete. You don't know anything about these people's lives, other than the quick glimpse you get of them in the clinch. Fuck off.

Honestly, he just isn't that good. Has amazing offensive skills but loses to guys who actually fight back. Should you fight knowing you will most likely never be a champ? That is up to each individual fighter to decide. My guess is the money is too good to pass up.

Brain trauma is a highly complex issue that even experts dont fully understand. To dumb it down to "oh he got beat up bad a couple times, he should retire" is pretty silly. Unless you know a whole lot more than we do about Erick Silva's health and neuro science in general.

That was some serious punishment. I'm actually not sure his brain can recovery from that 100%.

He was a walking concussion for 2 rounds. Med staff shoukd have checked him between rounds for cognative awareness. Its beatings like that that really mess with the mind.

He's good but doesn't have what it takes to be great.

If he made Brown stand up instead of trying so hard for a submission he would have finished Brown in the first.

I don't think he should retire...just maybe build himself up without the hype train that followed him.....

Decent fighter but not as good as people wanted him to be.

No. He just needs a camp that can teach him how to fight for 3+ rounds.

Lol no he needs to relax and stop throwing every strike as some crazy 100% flying spinning haymaker and maybe he wont gas in 3 minutes

I'd like to see him move to to 185. Dude always looks like he cuts way too much weight and gasses very quickly. Lose a little bit of muscle.

He just needs to get cardio.

He nearly finished off someone who could possibly be the #1 contender right now in the 1st round...

why the heck should he retire?

I don't know, honestly.

That was one of those fights that takes years off your life.

Like a Stann/Wanderlei kind of thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back