Serious question, should Erick Silva consider retirement from MMA after tonight?

If he feels like it, sure.

But there is nothing wrong with being the 27th best guy in the world.
I would love to be the 27th best guy in the world at ANYTHING.

Just putting things into perspective.

Guys who take ass whoopings like Silva did tonight usually get respect. Not anymore nowadays. If you're not 42-0 with 40 finishes and they're all Anderson/Vitor level finishes you're shitty.

He shouldn't. But if I just got my entire body smashed like that, I probably would say fuck fighting.

When yo have to clarify to the audience that your question is serious and not some sort of a ridiculous post, it can never be taken seriously.

I dont understand why people think you have to retire if you cant win the title or are constantly aiming to get it. Its the same obsession that the ufc has which ruins a lot of fighters careers. Some one like chuck shouldnt have been thrown to the hounds after the rampage and rashad fights.

Retiring? I would say that's a bit extreme but wouldn't be a bad thing.

What he really needs is a camp change.

This. And if a new camp doesn't work out a double retirement fight with Melvin Gillard

Definitely.

He should retire.

I mean, not getting a treadmill, or switching camps, or getting a corner who will actually give him worthwhile midfight advice wouldn't be worthwhile.

Instead, he should ... RETIRE.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

I mean god forbid, after witnessing a beating like that, I can't mention the possibility of retirement to prevent further damages such as possible brain damage etc.

I mean god forbid, after witnessing a beating like that, I can't mention the possibility of retirement to prevent further damages such as possible brain damage etc.

Your thread was invalid the second you invoked the Silva/Fitch fight ...

All these crap threads tonight.

:icon_lol:

In that case, we should all retire from reading Sherdog. It's can't be good for you.

He had Brown in serious trouble a couple times, so i say no. But he definitely wasnt UFC worthy tonight. Give him a prelim fight- If he loses, cut him.

Definitely.

He should retire.

I mean, not getting a treadmill, or switching camps, or getting a corner who will actually give him worthwhile midfight advice wouldn't be worthwhile.

Instead, he should ... RETIRE.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

ikr hahaha

The way he slapped his face when he was walking to the cage, you could tell he was nervous. Could have played a role in his early gassing :/

Retire??? Heck no! Still a super exciting fighter.. Switch Camps? Yes.. He should move to the states and train at American Top team or Jacksons...

He lost. So by Shertard standard he should retire. The answer is yes.

Go to the minors and work his way back up to the big league. Kid took a brutal beating with little to no answer for it.

He should do whatever he wants, but I really wish the UFC would stop pushing him as some kind of phenom. Dude has faultered all over the place.

Back