(Serious) Is anybody still interested in watching the UFC?

I consume just about everything I can: UFC, ONE, Rizin, Bellator, Road FC, Combate America’s, started watching PFL, Pancrase when I remember it’s on (although usually watching the replay, as it’s on at like 1am Sundays for me), ONE Warrior Series puts on some exciting fights, very similar to DDWCS, oh yeah, DWCS, Shooto when they were on Fight Pass, DEEP JEWELS just moved to YouTube, I think that’s it.
Ha ha. Me too. I even paid $20 a month to watch LFA in addition to all the above, then realized I had taken this whole mma-fan thing a step too far.

Nunes, Shevchenko, and Andrade are killing it though. I've got no problem with them as champions or with them being featured in the UFC.
When Weili Zhang becomes champ, I am going to become a WMMA fan. Can’t wait.

Of course, I enjoy the sport so I watch UFC, Bellator, PFL and check out Rizin/one fights that are interesting when I can.

It's been pretty bland lately, this year is the first year in a long time that I haven't bothered buying most of the ppvs.

I can't fathom being an MMA fan and not watching the organisation where most of the best talent is concentrated.

I only check Twitter to read what trash talk fighters are tweeting, then do online searches of how wealthy they are

Bring in soccer kicks, knees to down opponent, upkicks (which to this day just blows my mind that it's illegal), then the UFC will gain steam.

JPaFcv6.jpg

Is dismissing the most popular & mainstream org in favour of smaller lesser known orgs really a 'casual fan' attitude? Surely it's more like...

efdb7b9befdf0506b9d54623c1151c32279f7f37c8c8af0016f1755148edaeec.jpg

I have noticed that i do not really care about the UFC anymore. The main and co events are still OK, but the over saturation of wmma and below par fight cards just don't do it for me anymore. The excitement is completely gone and so is the atmosphere i used to love.

I ll still keep watching the UFC , but it is as exciting as watching golf. I much rather watch RIZIN, these days. Its just more authentic to me.

How do you people feel?
I almost don’t give a fuck anymore

to be honest, my interest is at an all time high
bunch of bkfc hipsters itt

"Casual" isn't even an insult anymore. I'd argue that if you're following every little thing the UFC does, you're not being as productive with your time as you should be. Life is too short for that kind of thing.

I will admit that my interest has waned a bit, but I watch every event.

Same here. I will try to watch every card I can on ESPN/ESPN+, but have no qualms about skipping past fights, or not ordering a PPV unless it’s truly worthy.

I’m not really intersted in events anymore, only fights. Cards are getting weaker and weaker, and PPVs aren’t even close to being worth $70. I don’t care to spend hours watching a single event when I only care about 1-2 fights on the card.
Definitely this.

Out of 10-15 fights that are on cards, 3-5 are WMMA, 5-10 are unranked, so that leaves only 2-3 fights between ranked contenders.

Another way of saying it is out of 24-30 fighters on a card, only 4-6 of them are ranked. It used to be any main card whether it was ppv or tv was nothing but contenders. Now outside of main and co-main its a bunch of people I've never heard of.

I been losing interest for many years, its not what it used to be. I still enjoy the sport and the fights, but sherdog keeps it alive for me, if it wasn't for all you guys I probably would have just drifted away.

Its so hard to keep up with it all, but like I said I really like sherdog because I know many many many awesome people on here and they really keep the sport alive for me.

Na, it's so flavourless now. I'll often look up results and maybe watch a fight if someone I dislike loses. Unfortunately, that might only happen once a year.

Definitely this.

Out of 10-15 fights that are on cards, 3-5 are WMMA, 5-10 are unranked, so that leaves only 2-3 fights between ranked contenders.

Another way of saying it is out of 24-30 fighters on a card, only 4-6 of them are ranked. It used to be any main card whether it was ppv or tv was nothing but contenders. Now outside of main and co-main its a bunch of people I've never heard of.

Well said. Let’s look at this past weekend’s card. The only 2 fights I was interested in were Perry/Luque and Oezdemir/Latifi. Sure, there was a title fight, but we all knew Shevshenko was going to win without issue. I ended up not even watching the card because I didn’t want to watch a card with only 2 fights I slightly cared about. Sounds like Perry/Luque was a banger though..

More viewership numbers than Bellator gets by a wide margin. So the answer is yes people are still interested in watching the UFC because their viewership numbers say so. Bellator and the PFL would love to have the UFC'S viewership numbers

Same here. I will try to watch every card I can on ESPN/ESPN+, but have no qualms about skipping past fights, or not ordering a PPV unless it’s truly worthy.
Yeah, if I have to watch on DVR, I'll watch the first round of every fight. If it isn't ended in the first round, I'll speed it up a bit to skip to the end of each fight.

Back