Sergio

Apparently he made weight later after the Mosely camp demanded it acording to this article. It was unnofficial but at least it was done.

Sergio Mora three pounds over weight limit for bout against Sugar Shane Mosley - ESPN Los Angeles

Coming in 3lbs. over is a little ridiculous, considering he had the ability to lose the lbs. an hour later. I'm not sure if that's gamesmenship or stupidity.

Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora: Live Round-by-Round Updates -- Boxing FanHouse
Mora.jpg

mosley has problems w/mobile def guys w/alot of movements who jab alot; seems mora is a given to give shane alot of problems, the question is wether mora has developed enough all round enough to do more than give him trouble..an actually win the fight.

esp w/his propensity to trade and fight instead of stick move, move stick; if he settles in and exchanges, he might be in trouble..shane can take a shot and he can still crack period... he beat up margarito and rocked floyd.

One word for Mora and that is Manfredo. Peter beat him twice. We all know it's true.

Been an enjoyable card so far if all the fights have been pretty one-sided... but some beautiful KO's

Ponce de Leon won a shootout with Escalante, constantly hitting him with big shots before a beautiful hook took out Escalante.

After a slow first round from both fighters Ortiz exploded on Harris dropping him 3 times in the 2nd round and then landing a perfect inside hook to the ear/temple uppercut combo to wreck Vivian.

Alvarez boxed circles around a game Baldomir for five and a half rounds before a highlight reel KO. Shocking both in how perfect it was (Baldomir stiffened and then faceplanted) and the fact that no-one has ever hurt, let alone stopped Baldmir... and Baldomir's been in with a lot of hard hitters who have played the drums with his face.

I'm not sure I'd go that far... it's been enjoyable but, as I said, all of the fights have been one-sided even the one I thought would be a 50/50 (Leon/Escalante). Not that I haven't had fun watching but it's been more an example of the favourites looking great then back and forth action.

I've liked Mora for a long time. He'll have to work hard to pick up a win here, but I'm pulling for him.

Agreed, enjoyable card so far. The way Baldomir landed on his face was indeed shocking.

I've liked Mora for a long time. He'll have to work hard to pick up a win here, but I'm pulling for him.

Mosely isn't exactly prime. I think it's going to be a close bout. I see Mosely winning, but it'll be tough

I'm going with my gut and sticking with my Mora by a close upset pick.

I think there's a good chance I look like a total fool doing it but hey, you can't win them all.

Great way to start off the main event...with two shitty ass singers

Back