Sergio

meh, I don't think either won that fight, so i have no problem with the draw

this is how i feel.

I just watched the whole event and thought it was good. 3 awesome KOs, not TKOs, but real KOs and a fairly competitive main event given an aged mosely and a never live up to potential Mora.

LOL boxing is such bullshit. Should have been a unanimous decision for Mora.

Youre an mma fan arent you....?

I hope for your intellects sake you are being a smart ass....

great undercard. the last 3 rounds of the main event was good. but mosley clearly won imo

lets keep it real. mosley hasnt looked good in years. he looked like garbage against mayorga a few years back, beat a cheater who looked like shit against a nobody, and was on a huge layoff before he fought mayweather.

mosley got his big payday... time to retire and help with the golden boy promotions.

Wow. compubox numbers has Mosley landing nearly twice as many punches and almost as many power punches. Mosley had to chase him down to fight him as the bitch mora ran away for most of the fight except when Mosley trapped him along the ropes and Mosley MADE HIM FIGHT. Otherwise he's fucking Lance Armstrong.

So under what grading criteria did mora beat Mosley. Not effective aggressiveness, not Clean punching, not ring generalship, maybe defense? (even though Mosley landed way more punches...)

So seriously on what criteria did he win?

Also most of the morons who illegally streamed the fight are the ones thinking mora won. So they are crooks and stupid. Wow, who would have thought.

Latin snake. Snake is right, but more like a French snake.

and why the hell is mora soooo fucking full of himself? "i got 2 legends in my 'hall of fame' resume"... this mother fucker is delusional.

I only caught from round 5 on but I saw rounds 5-9 go to Mora easy and Mosley take the last 3. Honestly, what fighter ages like Mosley? As he has gotten older, he has faded worse and worse in the middle rounds but he comes on like gang busters in the last three.

I saw a lot of the same things from mosley that I saw in the PBF fight. He seems to hesitate and be confused by feints. His footwork wasn't very good but his hands were still reasonably fast. I saw Mora make him miss alot and land counters that made Mosley stop and think. That hook/uppercut landed strong all night. Mosley is lucky he has a great chin and that Mora isn't the strongest puncher.

I would say it was a very close fight and no one really ran away with the fight. ESPN and HBO seem to have seen Mosely as the clear winner but the stream I watched had it 9-3 for Mora. The commentary has a lot to do with peoples opinions.

Yahoo! Sports' link to the write-up of Mora/Mosely reads as follows

"Key MMA fight ends in disappointment all around"

Nice, Yahoo.

I'm curious as to why Mosley even took the fight with Mora. An opponent who runs away, holds excessively, and on top of that makes himself look like an ass with his showboating and post-fight comments.

Wow. compubox numbers has Mosley landing nearly twice as many punches and almost as many power punches. Mosley had to chase him down to fight him as the bitch mora ran away for most of the fight except when Mosley trapped him along the ropes and Mosley MADE HIM FIGHT. Otherwise he's fucking Lance Armstrong.

So under what grading criteria did mora beat Mosley. Not effective aggressiveness, not Clean punching, not ring generalship, maybe defense? (even though Mosley landed way more punches...)

So seriously on what criteria did he win?

Also most of the morons who illegally streamed the fight are the ones thinking mora won. So they are crooks and stupid. Wow, who would have thought.

Latin snake. Snake is right, but more like a French snake.

Compubox figures aren't everything.

Fights are also scored round by round.

Up until the last 3 rounds Mora was leading Mosley around the ring by the nose. Mora eventually tired and Mosley went on his last round surge which meant he just bullied Mora to the ropes and trapped him, with Mora just running away but outside of that Mora had the ring generalship for most of the rounds.

Effective aggression and clean punching... again, until the last 3 Mora was landing the big clean punches. It wasn't necessarily pretty, especially when he was on the outside but on the inside especially it was Mora who was snapping Mosley's head back, it was Mora who was hitting Mosley on the chin and actually shook Mosley up a number of times (although he lacked the power to really hurt him). Mosley threw a lot of punches... and landed a fair amount... but a 7 punch pitter-patter combo to the body doesn't seem to me to be more effective aggression than the big counter uppercut that followed it. Outside of the last 3 rounds Mosley landed what... 1 or 2 really clean punches? Mora was getting that in per round. Likewise with defence... Mosley may have landed more but he also took the better punches each round.

Of course Mosley swept the last 3. While Mora was competitive and got his own punches in Mosley forced the issue, trapped him and finally started to go to work. Outside of that Mora had his way with him. Rounds 3-4 were close as not much happened and I can see someone giving them to Mosley.

That said, it's by no means definitive. Different people... even different judges... score the same bout using the same criteria in different ways. A couple on months back two posters (I believe Sinister was one... can't remember the other) had an interesting debate about who they'd gave a round to, someone being (ineffectually) aggresive (so in this case Mosley... coming forward, threw and landed more but they had no real impact or effect) or someone being outlanded, backing away but landing the more telling (but not perfect counters) blows (so in this case Mora). Depending on which theory you subscribe to you can radically change your views on a fight's scoring.

More talent will develop. This is how boxing works. We have eras rather than a wave of decent fighters, we get eras of great fighters. The DLH, Mayweather, Pac, Barrera, Morales, Mosely era is coming to a close. The next era may include Alveraz, Khan, Bradly, Ortiz, Maidana, Alexander.

Boxing doesn't work like mma. there is a distinct difference between great and good in boxing. A prospect is not going to stand much of a chance vs. a developed world class boxer.. where in mma a prospect can and often does upset the top mma fighters in the world. Boxers take more time to develop and that is why boxing fans are more invested in boxers careers. We prefer to pick a horse and stick with it.. while Dana keeps you guys saturated with good club fights, we want to see if the prospect we picked 5 years ago was as good as we though he could be.

end rant

in short, Golden Boy is fine. More prospects will come along and be built into mega stars.

I'm not sure if Mora is a good prospect.

Back