Sergio

I won't count Mora out... Mosley is old.

style wise i think mora will give shane some problems.hopefully shane wins and retires.according to the poster a womens bout is the coevent
kaliesha-west-poster.jpg

style wise i think mora will give shane some problems.hopefully shane wins and retires.according to the poster a womens bout is the coevent
kaliesha-west-poster.jpg

It looks like Golden Boy is marketing very heavy to the latino community.

kaliesha-west-poster.jpg

Kaliesha West is one to look out for, but oddly enough I never heard of her being on this card. As far as I know, the undercard is Saul Alvarez vs. Carlos Baldomir and Victor Ortiz vs. Vivian Harris, which makes a solid, entertaining card.

she looks kinda hot in the poster

I wasn't looking forward to this fight at first but now that JML vs Marquez has been postponed, I think I will order this. Also I think it is going to be close fight with Mosley getting the dec.

Mora has a history of picking up upset wins like this... who thought he'd beat Forrest the first time?

Essentially the fight comes down to whether Mosley has anything left in the gas tank. While a good pro Mora is no world-beater but Mosley faded quickly in the Mayweather bout after a good start. How much of that was Floyd and his style and how much was Mosley having overtrained (due to two camps one after the other) and how much was simply father time knocking on the door should come out in this bout.

That woman does look pretty hot! Agreed, if Shane can't beat Mora it's def time to give it up. Mora is ok. Every time I've seen him, he lets his jab arm dangle like he's prime RJJ or some stupid shit. Shane FTW!

Mora has a history of picking up upset wins like this... who thought he'd beat Forrest the first time?

Essentially the fight comes down to whether Mosley has anything left in the gas tank. While a good pro Mora is no world-beater but Mosley faded quickly in the Mayweather bout after a good start. How much of that was Floyd and his style and how much was Mosley having overtrained (due to two camps one after the other) and how much was simply father time knocking on the door should come out in this bout.

Mora would probably never admit it but most fighters are as busy as they want to be in their career and his record shows he's been holding himself back even after the contender finale. Mora stated that he is finally with a good promoter and manager kinda gives his former management and promoter a black eye. Sometimes boxers can't tell when they are being set-up as the prey.

Mora would probably never admit it but most fighters are as busy as they want to be in their career and his record shows he's been holding himself back even after the contender finale. Mora stated that he is finally with a good promoter and manager kinda gives his former management and promoter a black eye. Sometimes boxers can't tell when they are being set-up as the prey.

I wouldn't put down his inactivity entire to the Mora. The Tournament of Contenders (which I believe was what the promotional company was called) was pretty terrible at getting people fights. While they paid well and gave exposure pretty much every fighter coming out of it said the strategy of not putting on their own shows but piggy backing onto others meant that they never got as many fights as they wanted.

I may be setting myself up for a fall here but I'm edging towards a Mora upset with this.

The reasons are less to do with Mora and more to do with Mosley. Mosley has never looked particularly great at 154lbs despite his wins over Oscar and Vargas coming at the higher weight where as Mora is a natural 154 who's was happy to compete at 160lbs when needed. Mosley's held off father time before... against Collazo and against Marg but surely sometime it's got to kick in. Mora himself has only lost once despite taking on some solid fighters... to Vernon Forrest which is nothing to be ashamed of... and he's scored at least one big upset already in his career. He showed more power against (the admittedly frail) Green then he normally does and he has an awkward style to beat.

If Mosley has anything left he should get the win. If he's still got a lot left he should win in style. But Mora is the type of fighter that people get and look old against and I have a feeling... just a feeling... that he might just have too much for Mosley at this weight right now.

I wouldn't put down his inactivity entire to the Mora. The Tournament of Contenders (which I believe was what the promotional company was called) was pretty terrible at getting people fights. While they paid well and gave exposure pretty much every fighter coming out of it said the strategy of not putting on their own shows but piggy backing onto others meant that they never got as many fights as they wanted.

I may be setting myself up for a fall here but I'm edging towards a Mora upset with this.

The reasons are less to do with Mora and more to do with Mosley. Mosley has never looked particularly great at 154lbs despite his wins over Oscar and Vargas coming at the higher weight where as Mora is a natural 154 who's was happy to compete at 160lbs when needed. Mosley's held off father time before... against Collazo and against Marg but surely sometime it's got to kick in. Mora himself has only lost once despite taking on some solid fighters... to Vernon Forrest which is nothing to be ashamed of... and he's scored at least one big upset already in his career. He showed more power against (the admittedly frail) Green then he normally does and he has an awkward style to beat.

If Mosley has anything left he should get the win. If he's still got a lot left he should win in style. But Mora is the type of fighter that people get and look old against and I have a feeling... just a feeling... that he might just have too much for Mosley at this weight right now.

Mora's toughest fight to date was the late Vernon Forrest who should have been too far over the hill for Mora to have any trouble with and Sergio didn't look too good in their re-match.

Mora came in over.

Not quite sure what that means. Didn't really bother to cut so he has an advantage in the fight or a poor training camp?

Mora came in over.

Not quite sure what that means. Didn't really bother to cut so he has an advantage in the fight or a poor training camp?

Yup 3lbs, will give up $57,000. In cali if you come in over 2lbs over you don't get more time.

Mora allways struck me as a very confident fighter, very confident in his skills, even if his skills and speed are limited compared to the top fighters.

So he is one of those guys fighters like Vernon Forrest (RIP) and Shane Mosley could easily think is a push over, after all his greatest call to fame was winning the contender and Vernon found out you cannot take this guy lightly. Shane wont probably make the same mistake and Mora has no power to danger Shane. i see this as an easy fight for Mosley.

Agreed, I'm picking Mosley but Mora isn't a fighter to be taken lightly.

Mosley all the way. I like how two fights ago he looked great, then the next fight he loses to one of the P4P best and some of you guys write him off already.

Back