Sergei Pavlovich is a bulldozer

CroCopsLHK

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I mean how the hell do you deal with him? Maybe a Francis Ngannou or Curtis Blaydes type. He just comes in and bullrushes. It's hard to see anyone deal with his aggression and I feel his grappling might be adequate

He doesn't blindly bullrush. He measures his shots and has good shot selection. He shuffles through straights and looping punches depending on his opponents response and adjusts accordingly. For example tonight he dropped Tuivasa with a jab and swarmed him with a combination of hooks and straights. The kid looks very good against this level of competition and it's time for him to go to the next level. Can't wait to see how he does.

He doesn't blindly bullrush. He measures his shots and has good shot selection. He shuffles through straights and looping punches depending on his opponents response and adjusts accordingly. For example tonight he dropped Tuivasa with a jab and swarmed him with a combination of hooks and straights. The kid looks very good against this level of competition and it's time for him to go to the next level. Can't wait to see how he does.

Do not forget the uppercut. Based off his height and build it seems best to stick with the punches and maybe elbows. Knees coule be adopted. He is very good I am a fan of his but Ngannou worries me for him. Ngannou also has exceptional timing and even more power and is maybe just as fast. Ngannou also is now near impossible to takedown and has cardio for rounds.

Sergei can also allegedly wrestle very well but we have yet to see it. Hope to see him as champ and bring the HW Belt back to Russia which has not had a HW world champion MMA belt since Fedor. Wonder why Sergei does not train with Fedor.

Rest of the division is on notice

200w.gif

Gane pieces him up but he's definitely dangerous

He opens himself up for massive counters as he storms in, imagine if he does that vs Ngannou. Not saying he'd lose but man..
I felt like reach was a big factor in this fight specifically. He picked away at Tuivasa and could always count on being able to lean out of range.

Not saying he'd lose to someone with longer reach but he'd have to approach Ngannou a lot differently.

Need to go back and see his other fights and how he compares with other fighting styles

He opens himself up for massive counters as he storms in, imagine if he does that vs Ngannou. Not saying he'd lose but man..

Was my first thought. Ngannou would be a bad match up for him.

I mean how the hell do you deal with him?
not brawling, cause he will knock you the fuck out
he has shown weak grappling in reem fight maybe thats the way
gane may be able to out technique him to a decision too

not brawling, cause he will knock you the fuck out
he has shown weak grappling in reem fight maybe thats the way
gane may be able to out technique him to a decision too

Ganes grappling skills are awful.

yep my ears are perking up about this guy now

3 fights in 2022 with a total combined time of 6 minutes of fighting.

Sometimes being the hammer or nail only applies for the lighter divisions. For HW sometimes you are the bulldozer and some times you get bulldozed. For last night, Sergei was the bulldozer.

Back