September schedule

prod2821

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Has anyone looked at all the fights in September, every Saturday there is a good fight on.

Sept. 4th:

Humberto Soto vs. Urbano Antillon (WBC lightweight championship)
Felix Sturm vs. Giovanni Lorenzo (WBA middleweight championship)
Jan Zaveck vs. Rafael Jackiewicz (IBF welterweight championship)

Sept. 11th:

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Samuel Peter (IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight championship)
Erik Morales vs. Willie Limond (WBC welterweight championship)
Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Orlando Salido (WBA/IBF featherweight unification)
Anthony Peterson vs. Brandon Rios (WBA lightweight eliminator)

Sept. 18th:

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez (WBO featherweight championship)
Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora (junior middleweight)

Sept. 25th:

Mikkel Kessler vs. Allan Green (WBC super middleweight championship)

it's a great month for boxing

Last edited:
Thanks for putting that together, Prod.

I'm really interested in Felix Sturm vs. Giovanni Lorenzo.
Lorenzo has the punching power to end any fight with a right straight (except with R. Marquez.... because R. Marquez isn't human).
But Sturm is a much better boxer.
Sturm should take this, but Lorenzo can put a guy to sleep.

Froch / Abraham is on the 2nd of October
Posted via Mobile Device

Lorenzo sucks.

That said, Sturm without his jab isn't that great either.

*I have absolutely no interest in this match up

McAssHat... You're the only regular left floating around here. This place is dying.

McAssHat... You're the only regular left floating around here. This place is dying.

Come on, Duck....
There are alot more new people posting more regularly.
That's a good thing.
There are a few posters who bring some interesting info as well.

Its like the sheriff left town and all the scum just flooded in. There is a big disparity between the quantity and quality. Let's just be honest... When the regulars were here and posted consistently, all the people who are now posting were afraid to post back then. They were all lurkers and knew they would have been torn apart if they open their stupid mouths. Now the boxing forum turned into the heavyweight forum. I say fuck it. I come in occasionally, but I don't put in the effort to talk to retards. McAssHat. God bless ya. You're a good guy, but if you want to be the king of retard mountain, be my guest.

let's keep the negativity out of here and keep it about the topic, great fights in September, I'm personally looking forward to Lopez-Marquez for obvious reasons

yes, this is a quality thread and got me excited for the upcoming month. need more super 6

Sept. 4th:

Humberto Soto vs. Urbano Antillon (WBC lightweight championship)
-->Garbage Columbian who made padded his record with garbage local fighters. He gets stopped within their quarter of the fight. Easy fight for Soto.

Felix Sturm vs. Giovanni Lorenzo (WBA middleweight championship)
-->Lorenzo can pop, but he's weak will and can outworked and frustrated. Sturm, a non-spectacular champion who protects himself in germany, is going to jab his way to victory.

Jan Zaveck vs. Rafal Jackiewicz (IBF welterweight championship)
Though being unknowns in the US, their first fight was actually pretty good. And these guys, while not really cream of the crop nor exactly deserving of their position, they are spoilers. Both of them were huge underdogs when Jan fought Hlatshwayo and RAFAL fought Bonsu, a kid McAssHat was raving about. This COULD be a good fight.
Sept. 11th:

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Samuel Peter (IBF/WBO/IBO heavyweight championship)
--> Respect Wlad, but this fight is going to be boring as shit. Sam is worse than before. He gets knocked out in this fight.

Erik Morales vs. Willie Limond (WBC welterweight championship)
-->WTF... Morales loses by decision in this fight. Disgusting

Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Orlando Salido (WBA/IBF featherweight unification)
-->More competitive fight than you think. Salido doesn't fold easy and he can crack. But Gamboa is not going to be there for him I believe. Salido offers the type of pressure and power to really test how consistent Gamboa is. Hmm...

Anthony Peterson vs. Brandon Rios (WBA lightweight eliminator)
Solid fight with fighters that are aggressive. Could end up being fight of the night. I put money of Peterson. While Rios is undefeated and tough, he had hard time with journeymen fighters.
Sept. 18th:

Juan Manuel Lopez vs. Rafael Marquez (WBO featherweight championship)
-->One HIGHLY OVERRATED fighter against a old man. Rafael at one point had the skills to take advantage of Lopez flaws, but he might just be too old and too burnt out to win this. Someone is going to get stopped in this fight. If Marquez does have a spark left and use lateral movement and right hand, he could end that hype train that is JuanMa.

Sugar Shane Mosley vs. Sergio Mora (junior middleweight)
-->Fuck me. This fight could get ugly and a fight Mosley could end up losing. It's a fucking shitty way for Mosley to go out.

Sept. 25th:

Mikkel Kessler vs. Allan Green (WBC super middleweight championship)
-->Allan Green doesn't deserve to be in his current position. Kessler won't comply as the guy that let Green works. Kessler beat him.

**It's not that great of a month to be honest. The fights that are more than likely going to end up being good will be the one's with the contenders and unknowns. The big name fights are not so great.

Jesus christ could you shit on them even more. These are competitive fights regardless if you think someone is overrated/protected/not of value. I ain't trying to sell this like some dam UFC commercial but as far as names and title fights this isn't bad at all, I can't think of another month that was this solid in boxing.

Morales should beat limmond, right?

Yes.

Well, probably.

Limmond is a good domestic UK fighter but nothing more. He doesn't have the power to crack an egg (although he did smash Amir Khan in their bout). He's a pretty good technician with decent hand speed and athleticism... but at a domestic level.

If Morales has anything left he should get him out of there. Let's not forget, Morales retired after a close loss to the decent (and far better than Limmond) David Diaz and didn't look horrible in his comeback.

I'm not a star fucker or title monger. I tell it like it is.

And when you sport Big Names and Title fights, you are pushing it like the UFC. I could give a rat's ass about 3/4 of these fights.

I'm not a star fucker or title monger. I tell it like it is.

And when you sport Big Names and Title fights, you are pushing it like the UFC. I could give a rat's ass about 3/4 of these fights.

Some of these fights are no good but You are being a hater because they dont suit your taste you dont have to shit all over them. Werent you the one two seconds ago talking about all the worthless posts and now someone that is hyped about the month of Sep. line up is getting the rest of us hyped and you come in and try to hi jack his thread and shit all over these fights. If you dont like them post one time and get the fuck out its that simple.

I for one am extremely excited about the Lopez vs marquez fight.

Dude needs to get off his high horse, i don't think he enjoys any fights from his standpoint but yes a lot of people are looking forward to Lopez-Marquez, should be a candidate for Fight of the Year

You can say that again. The gamboa one is another I look forward to. I like his style alot, Im ready to see him fight good competition. I was drooling for him and caberllero but it didnt pan out. Can Cabellero get a fight?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back