• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television SECRET INVASION (Premieres June 21, 2023)

why does Nick Fury's wife turn from her skrull form to her human form when he comes home from work? She is clearly the lady from the first scene of this episode. So, he clearly knows she is a skrull. So, why doesn't she stay in her skrull form when he is with her?

They pitched it as "Marvel for adults", but the archvillain actually shows up to the scene of the terrorist incident to fire off the dirty bombs with a remote control when all that would really be required is a timer, and to what end was this thin pretense deployed? So that he could take an extra risk to his freedom-- endangering the long term ambitions & operations of his organization-- by adopting the visage of Fury (rather than any other sap in the crowd to easily escape) in order to murder Agent Hill purely out of spite, then brandish the cliched smug archvillain smile at Fury. This is after Fury and Talos exchanged silly wink-at-ya-bro banter during a pointless Kung Fu interrogation scene with one of that archvillain's operatives. Nothing "adult" about this. Either embrace what Marvel is, and have fun, or don't do it at all.

Because this is dogshit.

Episode two was mediocre. And I'm only scoring it that highly because of Gravik tearing through the FSB goons at the butchers. In fact, if you don't count Fury busting out his Sensei Seagal moves on one of Rhodes' mooks, that was the
only action in the entire episode. The rest was just Basil Exposition Mode.

Shout outs to HYDRA and Alexander Pierce just remind the audience how far the MCU has fallen. Winter Soldier this ain't.

I think the Skrull woman Fury is banging is Talos' wife

Last edited:
Not a fan of Rhodey's attitude or Fury's attitude.

The way they did the last scene, it's possible Fury didn't know she was swapped.

What was a bit puzzling was goon tosses Fury into the van during the chaos, then driver changes to Talos, then next thing they're riding a train.

Episode two: first scene gives away the last scene

why does Nick Fury's wife turn from her skrull form to her human form when he comes home from work? She is clearly the lady from the first scene of this episode. So, he clearly knows she is a skrull. So, why doesn't she stay in her skrull form when he is with her?

Not a fan of Rhodey's attitude or Fury's attitude.

The way they did the last scene, it's possible Fury didn't know she was swapped.

What was a bit puzzling was goon tosses Fury into the van during the chaos, then driver changes to Talos, then next thing they're riding a train.

What's really going to bake your noodle is when you realize that woman was his mother from their movie together in Unbreakable.

Wasn't impressed with episode 1 but, Wow, episode 2 was great.

Olivia Colman was terrific. She looked so cute crawling through the escape hatch.

VFX on the de-aged Fury was top notch.

I'm an admirer of Kingsley Ben-Adir and he is just amazing as the antagonist here.

Fingers crossed it stays like this throughout the series.

Is it just me or does anyone else not like it when Samuel L. Jackson plays Nick Fury like Samuel L. Jackson. I prefer it when he plays Nick Fury more seriously.

I still think his Agent Augustus Gibbons in xXx (2002) is the better Nick Fury portrayal.

I imagine it has to do with the thing G'iah said, when she was giving the tour to the skrull kid, about the longer they stay in their "shells" the harder they are to be detected as Skrulls. I imagine she's either still in the game or conversely is in hiding and either way doesn't want to be identified

Haven't seen episode 2 yet. Did they explain why the Skrulls couldn't just become their own colony, like the Asgardians? Or why Nick Fury couldn't call up Dr. Strange and have America Chavez find them a new world of their own?

Haven't seen episode 2 yet. Did they explain why the Skrulls couldn't just become their own colony, like the Asgardians? Or why Nick Fury couldn't call up Dr. Strange and have America Chavez find them a new world of their own?
Not really, but a little bit.

We are finally going to get a Super Skrull/s or a version of him. If you've seen the trailer, they showed a preview of the Skrull's enhanced powers.

BsqCQaB.png

We are finally going to get a Super Skrull/s or a version of him. If you've seen the trailer, they showed a preview of the Skrull's enhanced powers.

BsqCQaB.png

Yeah, hence the line about the machine that, "makes us stronger".

Seems weird to introduce the Super Skrull long before the FF - and no, Multiverse of Madness doesn't count - but I'm still interested to see it. One of the major MCU failings is a lack of quality Supervillains. They haven't managed a truly iconic Big Bad since Thanos himself. Kang is laughable by comparison.

Wasn't impressed with episode 1 but, Wow, episode 2 was great.

Olivia Colman was terrific. She looked so cute crawling through the escape hatch.

VFX on the de-aged Fury was top notch.

I'm an admirer of Kingsley Ben-Adir and he is just amazing as the antagonist here.

Fingers crossed it stays like this throughout the series.

She's a very good actress who can perform across multiple genres; Drama, Comedy etc. The first time I saw her was in Simon Pegg's, Hot Fuzz. She played Doris, a police officer who's known for sleeping around. There's one scene where she attends the village fair, sees a whole pig being spit-roasted and tells her mates,

"That's me after three pints"<45>

She's a very good actress who can perform across multiple genres; Drama, Comedy etc. The first time I saw her was in Simon Pegg's, Hot Fuzz. She played Doris, a police officer who's known for sleeping around. There's one scene where she attends the village fair, sees a whole pig being spit-roasted and tells her mates,

"That's me after three pints"<45>
I'm a recent fan of Colman due to her stint in The Crown. That was her in Hot Fuzz? That's cool. Makes me want to rewatch that movie.

@Dragonlordxxxxx I take it you understand the significance of Olivia Coleman's character's surname;)
Oooh. Falsworth = Union Jack. In the MCU, James Falsworth was just a normal guy from the Howling Commandos. So I presume, Sofia Colman is a descendant of James.

Btw, the actor who played James Falsworth in the MCU is JJ Feild. Tremendous actor wasted in a very insignificant role in the MCU. If Tom Hiddleston stops playing Loki, I swear JJ Feild can fill in for the role. He was in the underrated/underseen series Turn: Washington Spies.

jj-feild-turn.gif

Back