Sean Strickland and the Art of Self-Promotion

I feel like I've seen Sean fight half a dozen times before and still didn't know who he was. I honestly thought he was British up until now.

I think you have a point, but maybe a part of it too is who the UFC decides to promote and how. Sean's at a point where he can't really be denied the mic anymore, and this is kind of what you get.

You're not wrong. The push is helping but before this fight, the camp drama with him and Orlando definitely did help. That said, you headline a UFC card and beat Hall, you'll get more eyes on you.

Last edited:
Nailed-it. Strickland is not "meh" at all. Like you say, he's a crazy pressure fighter (see: his last 5-10 fights). Handily beating Hall in a 5 round stand-up war (and receiving virtually no damage to boot) is no joke. Rocksalt better get his grapple on.

I love that matchup. Both guys have ways of winning. And I. Like both fighters.
Luke better kick and grapple. The longer they’re on the feet the more seam will get to him.

Lol if he didn't headline a weak as shit card nobody would really be giving a fuck about him to be honest. He got the media attention because he was the headliner and then said some crazy shit in spotlight. He didn't get the spotlight BECAUSE he says crazy shit

Lol if he didn't headline a weak as shit card nobody would really be giving a fuck about him to be honest. He got the media attention because he was the headliner and then said some crazy shit in spotlight. He didn't get the spotlight BECAUSE he says crazy shit
I've had my eye on Strickland for awhile, and his record speaks for itself. I hope he becomes a top contender.
P.S. He looked great against Hall, who's no easy outing if you stand and bang with him. . . which is what Sean did.

Back