Sean Strickland and the Art of Self-Promotion

Prologue

KB skills, BJJ skills, TKD skills...
@red
Reaction score
Sean Strickland from March 2014 - May 2021

<FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy>

Sean Strickland from the last few months to now, opening up on slapping coaches, the joys of murder, and being a meth lord as a plan B to his MMA career.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Take note homies. Sean Strickland showing us how it's done. Class is in session.

Only knew of him when he got subbed standing up by Sanchez lol.

Promotion is made up bullshit. If who he is sells then more power to him.

His best self-promotion is winning fights, which he's done impressively since his return from his motorcycle accident. Might get a title shot with an impressive W over Rockhold, which I wouldn't be opposed to. Interesting fresh matchup for Izzy (even though Izzy would likely wreck him with superior speed and counterstriking).

It's happening again. Meh contender making a name off of beating old fighters and people gonna clamor about how the sport has evolved.

He's been saying dumb and outrageous shit the entire time, actually. The UFC finally bumped him up to main card/co main. That's it.

Welcome to 95% of MMA Fandom. Since there's so many casuals here, before the last few months happened, about 60% of Suredawg didn't really know who he was either.
I feel like I've seen Sean fight half a dozen times before and still didn't know who he was. I honestly thought he was British up until now.

I think you have a point, but maybe a part of it too is who the UFC decides to promote and how. Sean's at a point where he can't really be denied the mic anymore, and this is kind of what you get.

It's happening again. Meh contender making a name off of beating old fighters and people gonna clamor about how the sport has evolved.

that’s not it. Strickland is a pressure fighter loves to fight and non stop pressure with no quit in him.

Win or lose I don’t care. I’ll always be fans of guys like that.

He comes across as aloof and raw, though. It's not "look at me!" with a bunch of typical self-promotion and pictures of him looking fake tough and flexing. You get the idea he may really be a throwback to another culture hundreds of years ago...where men settled things with fists or weapons, in a sporting event, street or forest. I actually know of someone like that--he was willing to travel hundeds of miles to go fight someone in front of his home--then the law enforcement got involved. Time will tell how real Strickland is.

Sean Strickland from March 2014 - May 2021

<FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy><FookIsThatGuy>

Sean Strickland from the last few months to now, opening up on slapping coaches, the joys of murder, and being a meth lord as a plan B to his MMA career.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Take note homies. Sean Strickland showing us how it's done. Class is in session.
"If it weren't for the UFC I'd probably be cooking meth in a trailer in prison".

that’s not it. Strickland is a pressure fighter loves to fight and non stop pressure with no quit in him.

Win or lose I don’t care. I’ll always be fans of guys like that.
Nailed-it. Strickland is not "meh" at all. Like you say, he's a crazy pressure fighter (see: his last 5-10 fights). Handily beating Hall in a 5 round stand-up war (and receiving virtually no damage to boot) is no joke. Rocksalt better get his grapple on.

Angela Hill instagram is pretty funny to be fair. And I find her hot.

His best self-promotion is winning fights, which he's done impressively since his return from his motorcycle accident. Might get a title shot with an impressive W over Rockhold, which I wouldn't be opposed to. Interesting fresh matchup for Izzy (even though Izzy would likely wreck him with superior speed and counterstriking).

IDK man gadtelum gave izY trouble..
Sean has a good straight 1-2

Back