Rumored Sean O'Malley vs Brian Kelleher?

Who you got?

• Total voters
I like it. Kelleher is pretty good and game af. If Sean beats him it'll be his best win. Sean probably picks him apart at range but Brian will actually land some shots of his own and test Sean's TDD.

Na Kelleher ain't exactly the a wrestler/sub guy lol something tells me you just started watching him that's why you feel that way.
Just admit that you have never seen a kelleher fight.

Kelleher literally has no shot. Not a chance in hell he gets inside or can even get to Sean's body to pick him apart. Sean wouldn't take the fight if he didn't think it was a layup.

Thats how I perceive this matchup. Kinda boring. Reminds me of Sage Northcutt matchmaking just with better opponents. Feels like a dead end regarding Seans career and that he is comfortable with that as long as the pay is rising. Imo he will leave the UFC.

Maybe just me but I think Brian beats him easy.

I guess maybe he's playing it safe ?

maybe you make more money crushing unranked cans and building a win streak compared to fighting top guys and going .500 ?

Kelleher literally has no shot. Not a chance in hell he gets inside or can even get to Sean's body to pick him apart. Sean wouldn't take the fight if he didn't think it was a layup.

The guy has a glass body, there are no layups with that weakness. Kelleher is objectively better than Andre Soukhamthath or w/e who had a chance to finish O'Malley with better fight IQ.

O'Malley also thought Vera would be a layup, how'd that work out?

I'd favor O'Malley but he could easily break/sprain something again, Kelleher will finish him if that happens

O'malley targeting a sub 50 ranked fighter again for another easy win in spectacular fashion. It's a huge increase in competition from his last fight anyways.

Really I don't hate his strategy, be a pretty good talent, fight sub 50 ranked guys for easy money while you're building your name and fixing the holes in your game be it grappling or defense or whatever, and then sign a big new contract and run for a title shot as you find your real prime in a couple years at 28-30.

It's the "I'm the greatest striker in MMA" while fighting guys in the 50-130 ranks that rubs people the wrong way, but whatever good for him I guess.

The guy has a glass body, there are no layups with that weakness. Kelleher is objectively better than Andre Soukhamthath or w/e who had a chance to finish O'Malley with better fight IQ.

O'Malley also thought Vera would be a layup, how'd that work out?
Chito Vera is a legit dog 135er in his 20's though. Kelleher will never be a top BW and is halfway to 40. Not even close to the same thing. Kelleher can't kick like Chito can either. O'malley learned his lesson, again he wouldn't take this fight if it wasn't a layup he even said it himself.

He's gonna stand and bang and then
giphy.gif
O'Malley hits about 50% as hard as Lineker

O'malley targeting a sub 50 ranked fighter again for another easy win in spectacular fashion. It's a huge increase in competition from his last fight anyways.

Really I don't hate his strategy, be a pretty good talent, fight sub 50 ranked guys for easy money while you're building your name and fixing the holes in your game be it grappling or defense or whatever, and then sign a big new contract and run for a title shot as you find your real prime in a couple years at 28-30.

It's the "I'm the greatest striker in MMA" while fighting guys in the 50-130 ranks that rubs people the wrong way, but whatever good for him I guess.
I'm the farthest thing from a fan of Sean, but I think Kellher is relatively firmly a top 30 BW.

I'm the farthest thing from a fan of Sean, but I think Kellher is relatively firmly a top 30 BW.
Well Tapology thinks otherwise and sits him firmly at 52.

The MMA rankings are FUBAR anyways, 30 is a maybe if not a stretch. He's recently lost to Ricky Simon who they have ranked in the 50s and Cody Staman who is at 27.

He recently beat Domingo Pilarte (#92) and sub 100 Ray Rodriguez.

That would be a lame ass fight.

SHould only be offered top 15 guys. If he wants to get paid beat legit guys but UFC is happy to have him beat mid level BW I guess until his contract is up and he leaves. I dont get it.

I think Sean is the best striker at BW, speed, reach, accuracy he has it all and this will be an easy win.

What you actually mean is O’Malley won’t accept a fight with anybody that is any good, right?
Probably a mixture of both, although they do seem slightly less lenient now probably because of his comments

Back