Rumored Sean O'Malley vs Brian Kelleher?

Who you got?

• Total voters
Brian gets it down, he wins via sub.

O'Malley keeps it standing, he wins by knockout.

Lean Sean, but all of his bitching lately will keep him from getting any POTN bonuses.

Interesting, while Kelleher certainly isn't an exciting prospect or spring chicken(the guy is 35) he does present a MUCH more well rounded game than Sean's previous opponents, he's got power, and he can mix it up with a good submission game. If we see that area of Sean get tested in this fight, it'll do some good to answer the critics in that regard as he's mostly fought Strikers.

7X5ZVbVjwAtJYgEc4ZhfaU-320-80.jpg

Don't see how Sean loses this really. Brian is a solid gatekeeper but I don't really see what he's got that's going to stop him getting pieced up by O'Malley.

Interesting, while Kelleher certainly isn't an exciting prospect or spring chicken(the guy is 35) he does present a MUCH more well rounded game than Sean's previous opponents, he's got power, and he can mix it up with a good submission game. If we see that area of Sean get tested in this fight, it'll do some good to answer the critics in that regard as he's mostly fought Strikers.

His grappling is kind of guillotine or bust. I don't see Sean being in a position to really give his neck up style wise. He's not going to want to clinch with him.

I wouldn't go THAT far as to say Kelleher is Can, he isn't particularly elite, but Sean isn't ranked himself, and he presents a much more interesting challenge to Sean because he won't just try and strike with him. I get people don't like Sean and his safe booking of Strikers, but this one isn't all that bad, and if we're factoring in Sean's recent comments about "Free Agency" whose to say the Matchmakers didn't throw him this guy knowing it's one he could lose as he's presumably gonna test the free market?

SimpleLimpIndusriverdolphin-max-1mb.gif

Always a hater of O'Malley when it's justified but I'm surprised by this one . Kelleher isn't the elite of the elite but a solid test , a good sign of where a fighters skill ceiling is at the moment if they win or lose . Looking forward to it .

Don't see how Sean loses this really. Brian is a solid gatekeeper but I don't really see what he's got that's going to stop him getting pieced up by O'Malley.
Maybe Moutinho showed somewhat of a blueprint? I noticed in that fight O'malley only backed up in a straight line but it didn't matter because Moutinho had 0 defense. If Kelleher is better at cutting off the cage and punish O'malley with while doing so, it could get interesting.

I don't think Kelleher is that dude though. This fight is happening for a reason.

Great... Another 35 year old, past his prime guy.. Sean by TKO. Sean should be fighting higher level guys by now. Not guys that win one, lose one.....

Last edited:
Kelleher is a scrappy dude. If he can get close enough he could grab something.

That's certainly the X factor he brings to this fight, one that makes this match up FAR more interesting than the likes of Wineland and Almeida. While Brian has shown he can bang and is pretty scrappy, he by no means strikes longer than he needs to in fights, and is always looking to grapple and get a submission, and if we're assuming he brings his A game as he intends to dethrone the Hype train we know for DAMN sure he's not gonna waste time trying to strike with Sean. I expect a Brunson-esque approach if anything(Never thought I'd say that), where he fights very measured and patient in the stand up, but it always looking to get the Takedown.

Reactions: Gio
Not a bad fight, decent test of O'Malley's standing but still a very winnable fight for him.

Just another stand and bang slower footed shorter guy for O’Malley to pick apart. It’s incredible how they always find the same similar guys for O’Malley to fight. While Kelleher is the best version he’s faced, he’s very similar stylistically to Wineland Almeida and Moutinho.

Back