SCOTUS could end financial protection as we know it

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
@Trotsky

Tired- Refusing to confirm a liberal to oversee the CFPB

Wired- Ruling that the existence of the CFBP is unconstitutional

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/the...r-to-upend-consumer-financial-protection.html

Can someone explain why on earth anyone would support making it easier to get away with financial con artiststy?

It was really important to the Founders that international legal entities that didn't exist until 150 years later and are headquartered on a rock in the Pacific Ocean be allowed to rob old ladies of their life savings and poison communities without being held responsible.

The Supreme Court is a corrupted institution

Our democracy is on a cliff

eea148dad8e74102fc817c8d6d77cd34.jpg

Real, hard-workin', baked-potato-eatin' Americans from the Rust Belt know that the backbone of our economy is good, solid businesses incorporated in Delaware and operating out of well-built, concrete buildings in New York rippin' off foolish consumers and gettin' away with it. God bless Donald John Trump.

Real, hard-workin', baked-potato-eatin' Americans from the Rust Belt know that the backbone of our economy is good, solid businesses incorporated in Delaware and operating out of well-built, concrete buildings in New York rippin' off foolish consumers and gettin' away with it. God bless Donald John Trump.

Sorry bud but the J stands for Genius

The stable kind. Very stable

Hey, corporations are people remember. They have feelings too.

Lol

Waiting for the Trumpers to come in here and defend this.
Here I’ll save them the trouble:

“This is it!”

“TDS Lol”

“Oh no the world is ending because Trump’s supreme court didn't something you didn’t like.”

“This is actually a good thing because something something Obama.”

There that should basically cover their arguments.

Waiting for the Trumpers to come in here and defend this.

What does this have to do with Trump? Seila Law LLC is the one that has to answer for this. They are being investigated since 2017 by the CFPB and are likely looking to cover their asses.

Fifty bucks nobody read the article

What does this have to do with Trump? Seila Law LLC is the one that has to answer for this. They are being investigated since 2017 by the CFPB and are likely looking to cover their asses.
Conservatives are more likely to side with this type of ruling and conservatives vote for Trump. Not to mention that Trump is currently involved in covering up his potential tax issues. I figured I should've simply said conservatives instead of Trumpers to avoid these types of responses, but I also thought the correlation was obvious.

Hitler

Here I’ll save them the trouble:

“This is it!”

“TDS Lol”

“Oh no the world is ending because Trump’s supreme court didn't something you didn’t like.”

“This is actually a good thing because something something Obama.”

There that should basically cover their arguments.

I can't fathom why anyone would support making it easier for them, their parents, and their children to get scammed. After the neocon exodus when libertarianism was in vogue on the right, the libertarians would frequently assure their opponents that they don't think fraud should be legal; that preventing and punishing fraud was one of the government's few legitimate powers.

Conservatives are more likely to side with this type of ruling and conservatives vote for Trump. Not to mention that Trump is currently involved in covering up his potential tax issues. I figured I should've simply said conservatives instead of Trumpers to avoid these types of responses, but I also thought the correlation was obvious.

Anecdotally, I am conservative and a part of the financial/wealth management industry and believe there should be a higher level protection.

This isn’t a partisan issue as far as I am concerned.

Anecdotally, I am conservative and a part of the financial/wealth management industry and believe there should be a higher level protection.

This isn’t a partisan issue as far as I am concerned.
Fair enough, I apologize and respect your viewpoint.

Back