SCOTUS could end financial protection as we know it

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
it's the end of the world as we know it
and i feel fine

A case is in front of the Supreme Court.
Some of you guys are already blaming Trump for an outcome that hasn't even happened.

Bwahahahaha

"Must veer off again".

Reread this thread, stupid. You brought up gays, that was shot down, you brought up abortion, that was shot down, you thought I was "size 44", that was shot down. This thread is only 2 pages and you've veered off like 5 times whenever you look llke an idiot, and now it's "posting pics is gay" after you specifically asked for them. By all means, keep embarrassing yourself.

I brought up an issue involving gays that highlighted the hypocrisy of your initial statement. You're the one who started whinging, posting pics of your grindr dates and assuring me your dad could beat my dad up.

You also seem to think I'm in San Francisco. I wonder if you think I'm Slovakian, or perhaps a Jew from Michigan......

I read the article, I do not have a feeling of fear that the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is going away.

It reads like the complaint is how they are governed, not that they exist in the first place.

SCOTUS will probably say: "Sure, you can exist, but you have to be more top-heavy and come under the umbrella of the ____________ Department."

My point is Democrats were the first to use the nuclear option and there are partisan hack judges on both sides. That whole article reads like biased dribble. Republicans didn't "wrestle" away control. The people put them in power because we were tired of Obama's overreach.

As it turns out, the results of elections have consequences. These scenarios should have been considered before Democrats put the personification of rot as their nominee.
The issue isn't partisan judges or nuclear options. The issue is packing the judiciary by denying appointments under one President so that you can stash them for the next President.

This isn't about "elections have consequences". If that was the issue then Obama would have appointed the judges for the seats that were open during his term. To truly believe in "elections have consequences" you would have to take issue with McConnell preventing Obama from doing so. Notice how your invocation of "elections have consequences" doesn't weigh in on things like Obama's SCOTUS seat that was blocked by McConnell. Obama was the properly elected POTUS of the time, you should be upset about that if you're going to be consistent.

It's possible that you don't quite understand the dynamics of what has been happening and are thus reduced to trying to frame it in terms of the last election when the issue preceded him and involved the invalidation of the previous election.

Notice how your invocation of "elections have consequences" doesn't weigh in on things like Obama's SCOTUS seat that was blocked by McConnell.
As it turns out the senate election result also has consequences.

The issue isn't partisan judges or nuclear options. The issue is packing the judiciary by denying appointments under one President so that you can stash them for the next President.

This isn't about "elections have consequences". If that was the issue then Obama would have appointed the judges for the seats that were open during his term. To truly believe in "elections have consequences" you would have to take issue with McConnell preventing Obama from doing so. Notice how your invocation of "elections have consequences" doesn't weigh in on things like Obama's SCOTUS seat that was blocked by McConnell. Obama was the properly elected POTUS of the time, you should be upset about that if you're going to be consistent.

It's possible that you don't quite understand the dynamics of what has been happening and are thus reduced to trying to frame it in terms of the last election when the issue preceded him and involved the invalidation of the previous election.

Hes just another bad faith rightwinger

Crazy people lose elections - because they are crazy -> eliminate the Supreme Court.

Seems logical.

There ya go. Happy stroking, @hillelslovak87

IMG]

Now is there some way to circle back to what the thread is about, and maybe wait until the ruling is made before we complain about it?
I.... think I clicked on the wrong link

Top 1% in Murica.

@nostradumbass should be proud of that. :)

In 2013, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) found that 57.6% of American citizens were overweight or obese. A forecast based on early long-term trends suggests that more than 85% of adults will be overweight or obese in the U.S. by 2030.[1]

<DisgustingHHH>
I find it interesting that the left wing pretend to be totally against prejudice and stereotype, but have no problem pretending everyone to the right of Bernie is an obese hillbilly, and about 100% of the time use a fake redneck accent to reword and slander conservative positions. You even just did it yourself by saying "murica". It's pretty impressive to not notice that it's the exact same as anti-black, anti-Irish, anti-jew, anti-japanese caricatures they used to make, but it's cool now because reasons. I don't mind, but don't pretend to be against one thing while thinking it's totally fine to do yourself, lest you be called a hypocrite.

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

I find it interesting that the left wing pretend to be totally against prejudice and stereotype, but have no problem pretending everyone to the right of Bernie is an obese hillbilly, and about 100% of the time use a fake redneck accent to reword and slander conservative positions. You even just did it yourself by saying "murica". It's pretty impressive to not notice that it's the exact same as anti-black, anti-Irish, anti-jew, anti-japanese caricatures they used to make, but it's cool now because reasons. I don't mind, but don't pretend to be against one thing while thinking it's totally fine to do yourself, lest you be called a hypocrite.

iu

iu

iu

iu

iu

Those are all valid points and they stand.

I was raised by right-wingers myself and it's probably why I tend to agree with you guys on free/hate speech, gun rights and strong borders. I don't really use "Murica" in an admonishing way or with southern redneck stereotypes in mind and I'm actually closer to something of a nationalist.

My brand of it just doesn't place a value judgment on a person's race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation (especially that). It's more of a civic variation less concerned with domestic social issues and geared towards maintaining global supremacy in science and industrial tech.

Those are all valid points and they stand.

I was raised by right-wingers myself and it's probably why I tend to agree with you guys on free/hate speech, gun rights and strong borders. I don't really use "Murica" in an admonishing way or with southern redneck stereotypes in mind and I'm actually closer to something of a nationalist.

My brand of it just doesn't place a value judgment on a person's race, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation (especially that). It's more of a civic variation less concerned with domestic social issues and geared towards maintaining global supremacy in science and industrial tech.
Wasn't calling you out for it specifically, just noting that it's a little weird that saying "murica" is mainstream witty and woke, but it is to say that patriotism is for rubes, and the same people who say it are apoplectic if anyone imitates people at chines restaurants by saying "flied lice".

My dad was probably right of center but my mom is basically Marianne Williamson and grew up in Toronto and LA, so I'm pretty conservative but by no means in a conservative bubble, if such a thing even exists. I don't think we're in any jeopardy of losing our place for science and tech anytime soon, but I do think social cohesion, nuclear families balanced with individual freedoms should be front and center of political movements.

Wasn't calling you out for it specifically, just noting that it's a little weird that saying "murica" is mainstream witty and woke, but it is to say that patriotism is for rubes, and the same people who say it are apoplectic if anyone imitates people at chines restaurants by saying "flied lice".

My dad was probably right of center but my mom is basically Marianne Williamson and grew up in Toronto and LA, so I'm pretty conservative but by no means in a conservative bubble, if such a thing even exists. I don't think we're in any jeopardy of losing our place for science and tech anytime soon, but I do think social cohesion, nuclear families balanced with individual freedoms should be front and center of political movements.

I'm not even sure where the "Murica" term originated, but I sarcastically adopted and l made it my own in reaction to snobbish European anti-Americanism on the interwebs (not necessarily this forum). There was no "western world" in a geopolitical sense before the US created it. There was no "free trade" as it exists now before the US created it, which is largely underwritten by the US Navy given 90% of international trade is maritime.

The US put it under a collective security blanket, oversaw its constituent countries made economically co-dependent (to cease cannibalistic intra-wars), opened its own markets for Euro states to export their way back to affluence during the post-war rebuilding process and it ushered in what has been about the longest era of both sustained peace and prosperity in the continent's history. Europe is the ethnic and ancestral homeland(s) of the US majority population and has stood only as a beneficiary of American 'Empire'.

We have a major problem with science literacy among the plebs, not science itself. America's Total R&D for 2019 was an estimated $565 billion. That is including all types of work (fundamental, applied, development) across all sectors (academia, government, industry, ngo/npo). The top 10 high quality - not just total article count - science producing countries in the world per Nature Index that keeps a 12-month rolling window.

nature.png

This was also very amusing:

Oxford Academic: European Paradox or Delusion - Are European Science and Economy Outdated?

The European Union (EU) seems to presume that the mass production of European research papers indicates that Europe is a leading scientific power, and the so-called European paradox of strong science but weak technology is due to inefficiencies in the utilization of this top level European science by European industry. We fundamentally disagree, and will show that Europe lags far behind the USA in the production of important, highly cited research.

We will show that there is a consistent weakening of European science as one ascends the citation scale, with the EU almost twice as effective in the production of minimal impact papers, while the USA is at least twice as effective in the production of very highly cited scientific papers, and garnering Nobel prizes. Only in the highly multinational, collaborative fields of physics and clinical medicine does the EU seem to approach the USA in top scale impact.

Tech.png

Make What Great Again? And yeah, the decline people talk about is otherwise predominantly based on "moral fabric" and social views they either hold or stand against since the country has been getting more racially and ethnically diverse, less religiously conservative and isn't criminalizing or repressing sexual minorities anymore. That equates to decline in your/their eyes. It's just small world, small time shit to me; the fact that I'm a minority notwithstanding.

I'm honestly more concerned with - as said many times - foreign entities who implement a state-directed strategy of hyperaggressive policies, acts and practices for the theft of intellectual property and industrial trade secrets. It undercuts US output, competitiveness, investment, research, development, innovation and strategic domestically spawned industries which serve as invaluable sources of high wage employment, global exports, sustained economic growth and national security.

I'm not even sure where the "Murica" term originated, but I sarcastically adopted and l made it my own in reaction to snobbish European anti-Americanism on the interwebs (not necessarily this forum). There was no "western world" in a geopolitical sense before the US created it. There was no "free trade" as it exists now before the US created it, which is largely underwritten by the US Navy given 90% of international trade is maritime.

The US put it under a collective security blanket, oversaw its constituent countries made economically co-dependent (to cease cannibalistic intra-wars), opened its own markets for Euro states to export their way back to affluence during the post-war rebuilding process and it ushered in what has been about the longest era of both sustained peace and prosperity in the continent's history. Europe is the ethnic and ancestral homeland(s) of the US majority population and has stood only as a beneficiary of American 'Empire'.

We have a major problem with science literacy among the plebs, not science itself. America's Total R&D for 2019 was an estimated $565 billion. That is including all types of work (fundamental, applied, development) across all sectors (academia, government, industry, ngo/npo). The top 10 high quality - not just total article count - science producing countries in the world per Nature Index that keeps a 12-month rolling window.

nature.png

This was also very amusing:

Oxford Academic: European Paradox or Delusion - Are European Science and Economy Outdated?

The European Union (EU) seems to presume that the mass production of European research papers indicates that Europe is a leading scientific power, and the so-called European paradox of strong science but weak technology is due to inefficiencies in the utilization of this top level European science by European industry. We fundamentally disagree, and will show that Europe lags far behind the USA in the production of important, highly cited research.

We will show that there is a consistent weakening of European science as one ascends the citation scale, with the EU almost twice as effective in the production of minimal impact papers, while the USA is at least twice as effective in the production of very highly cited scientific papers, and garnering Nobel prizes. Only in the highly multinational, collaborative fields of physics and clinical medicine does the EU seem to approach the USA in top scale impact.

Tech.png

Make What Great Again? And yeah, the decline people talk about is otherwise predominantly based on "moral fabric" and social views they either hold or stand against since the country has been getting more racially and ethnically diverse, less religiously conservative and isn't criminalizing or repressing sexual minorities anymore. That equates to decline in your/their eyes. It's just small world, small time shit to me; the fact that I'm a minority notwithstanding.

I'm honestly more concerned with - as said many times - foreign entities who implement a state-directed strategy of hyperaggressive policies, acts and practices for the theft of intellectual property and industrial trade secrets. It undercuts US output, competitiveness, investment, research, development, innovation and strategic domestically spawned industries which serve as invaluable sources of high wage employment, global exports, sustained economic growth and national security.
So you're just anti-china, and I agree with you. Your graphs show that the US is still the leader in every area of technology but automotive. There's a thread right now about getting rid of gifted programs in public schools, which I think is far more detrimental than plebs not being scientifically literate.

I think I'm just far more willing to leave people behind if that means not hindering the best and brightest. Surely you can understand the anti-immigrant sentiment if that means we're taking the bottom rung of every country and we all have to lower ourselves to that standard.

I brought up an issue involving gays that highlighted the hypocrisy of your initial statement. You're the one who started whinging, posting pics of your grindr dates and assuring me your dad could beat my dad up.

You also seem to think I'm in San Francisco. I wonder if you think I'm Slovakian, or perhaps a Jew from Michigan......
I thought you were likely Jewish when I first saw the screen name tbh

You're pretty mild, center-right at most IMO.

Most people don't know enough about politics or political philosophy to be classified well on the ideological spectrum. They're just partisan (and their partisan alignment usually maps somewhat with personality traits that could be classified left or right). Whatever we may think of the WR, even the worst posters here are usually in that small group that does have something of an ideology. But Holmes is more like a regular person (non-political junkie).

Back