Science tells us PED benefits can last for "decades". Take Cyborg for example...

Cyborg used steroids as we all know, and look at her, even without steroids she's annihilating all the competition primarily through brute force.

Is it possible she's continuing to reap the benefits of steroid use even though she's currently clean?

Absolutely according to a few studies... such as:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

The researchers discovered that the lifters who had once taken the drugs had a comparable number of cell nuclei in their quadriceps as athletes who were currently performing high intensity training.

Research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers.

Oh, hi Mark.

Cyborg used steroids as we all know, and look at her, even without steroids she's annihilating all the competition primarily through brute force.

Is it possible she's continuing to reap the benefits of steroid use even though she's currently clean?

Absolutely according to a few studies... such as:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

The researchers discovered that the lifters who had once taken the drugs had a comparable number of cell nuclei in their quadriceps as athletes who were currently performing high intensity training.

Research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers.

All I took from this is that I need to do a couple of cycles to stay in shape in my 40s...

First I have to add the disclaimer that I am 100% clueless and have zero personal experience with PED's.

Please don't ask exactly what "steroid" they gave my aging mother for her debilitating arthritis that she had in her hands. It was extremely effective, and gave her full use of her hands. She survived ~ a decade with full use of her hands right up until she passed away from cancer. She never had a second regiment of steroids on her hands.

Take this with a grain of salt, as I stress I don't know if I am comparing apples to oranges comparing her steroid with MMA fighters steroids/ PED supplements.

All I took from this is that I need to do a couple of cycles to stay in shape in my 40s...
If you're into working out and do a cycle in your 40's you're never going to want to stop.

Cyborg literally changed her entire physiology through years of rampant abuse. Her voice is deeper than most male fighters.

I thought everyone already knew this? Yes, Steriods help in every possible way and will have long lasting benefits.

eh. A study in mice where actual performance wasn't even measured isn't all that compelling.

I have mentioned this before as well. It's why she needs to fight at 135, because she still gets the benefit of steroids if she can bulk up.
For women steroids do more than that. Well in everyone it increases bone density and probably some other shit I can't remember. This is a lot bigger benefit for women though

What about Asthma medication?
I'm not sure if you are referring to something specific or not, but clenbuterol is used for asthma in a lot of countries. People abuse it to cut weight and it works great, but has a lot of potential life long side effects like fucking up your metabolism

science-meme.jpg

weird-science-o.gif

I never competed, but I was a bodybuilder as well. Most the people I know that were totally jacked that completely got off turned to crap.
Short term. Unless they did something really wrong the end result is a gain. Not like when they were on the juice, but gains.

This is largely true UNLESS you can get your system back on. It took me over 3 years to get mine right after 20 years of heavy PED use.

Using PED's grows muscle, that is permanent, and can benefit you forever. I stopped training for 3 years and when I started back, I could bench over 400 again in less than 6 months, with no PED's.
More or less what my brother said about the guys he knew that took PEDs.

For women steroids do more than that. Well in everyone it increases bone density and probably some other shit I can't remember. This is a lot bigger benefit for women though
Yep, which is why letting trans men compete as women is just wrong.

What are you on about? TS posted an article that states the use of testosterone has lasting benefits long after the usage has ended.

Would you have been as triggered if I would have said Rothwell instead of Henderson?
You posted about why single out Cyborg ... because she goes further than other steroid cheats. She demands other fighters let he keep her steroid gains and accuses them of ducking when she refuses to lose steroid muscle.

you have to find mices that practices mma to have some credibility

0% credibility to this studies who prove nothing,
these guys are still conducting experiment like it is 1920

Back