Science tells us PED benefits can last for "decades". Take Cyborg for example...

For women steroids do more than that. Well in everyone it increases bone density and probably some other shit I can't remember. This is a lot bigger benefit for women though

I thought steroids actually caused bone density problems? At least steroid based prescription medication does. Maybe PED type steroids are different.

I thought steroids actually caused bone density problems? At least steroid based prescription medication does. Maybe PED type steroids are different.

I believe you are thinking of corticosteroids, not anabolic steroids.

Depends which steroid. Winstrol actually causes bones to become larger but more brittle. Deca and more anabolic steroids do increase bone density.

I know you dumbasses didn't actually read the article & study but I mean come on, at least make it look like you aren't ignorant children

Study on mice showed 24% increase in ability to regain muscle mass over the 6 day exercise period (3 months after testosterone use)

We now proceed to actually read the quote from the doctor who conducted the study himself and observe him saying

"I think it could last 10 years but I don't have the data to back that up. It would be my speculation yes,"

Speculation =\= fact

Learn to actually read what you post fools.

Now gentlemen,

Before many of you absentmindedly sign on to this? I suggest 2 things.

1. Think for a few minutes.
2. Actually read the article.

A study proved there is cellular memory which makes it easier to build muscle, even if someone stops using steroids.

That's pretty true, I do any physical exercise I start growing sometimes even without weights.

Muscle memory.

Vitor practically turned into a soggy woman after he stopped

That's the part they don't tell you at the academy....when you have to come off you go to shit and need drugs to function normally.

Kinda off subject question and pardon my ignorance but do armies or militaries give steroids to soidiers?

This is largely true UNLESS you can get your system back on. It took me over 3 years to get mine right after 20 years of heavy PED use.

Using PED's grows muscle, that is permanent, and can benefit you forever. I stopped training for 3 years and when I started back, I could bench over 400 again in less than 6 months, with no PED's.

Interesting.

I know you dumbasses didn't actually read the article & study but I mean come on, at least make it look like you aren't ignorant children

Study on mice showed 24% increase in ability to regain muscle mass over the 6 day exercise period (3 months after testosterone use)

We now proceed to actually read the quote from the doctor who conducted the study himself and observe him saying

"I think it could last 10 years but I don't have the data to back that up. It would be my speculation yes,"

Speculation =\= fact

Learn to actually read what you post fools.
I have posted numerous times a human study done on actual body builders. There is no more speculation. It's a proven fact for humans.

When the researchers looked at the subjects’ muscles through a microscope, they made a surprising discovery: Rather than returning to their original proportions, the muscles of the steroid users who’d stopped taking the drug looked remarkably similar to those of the subjects who were still using. They also had larger muscle fibers and more growth-inducing “myonuclei” in their muscle cells than the nonsteroid users.

Based on the morphological appearance of muscle sections from doped and nondoped power lifters, we conclude that testosterone and anabolic steroids enhances the hypertrophic effects of training without adding new features. The addition of myonuclei by training and doping appears to be longer lasting in some muscles than in others. The high proportion of split fibers in power lifter is probably due to high mechanical stress. The findings and conclusions in this thesis raise questions regarding relevant suspension times for athletes caught with banned substances in the body.
https://thinksteroids.com/news/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/

Just to throw my hat in the ring on this topic, I've done a couple cycles of test/tren in the past. And while I obviously didn't keep all my gains after I came off, my triceps, delts, and traps are still noticeably different/bigger than beforehand. I've had injuries that kept me out of lifting for months since then, and still those 3 muscle areas haven't shrunk back as much as my back, legs, and chest did when I cycled off.

That's just my own experience though.

With Cyborg it's a mental thing. She doesn't believe she's good enough to compete with the best in the world on skill alone. She started her mma career as a 135er and got rag dolled and lost. That's when she decided to get on the steroid diet, bulked up and built up this aura of invincibility. Her entire persona is attached to being able to manhandle smaller women and overpower them. I think when Baars clowned her that further reinforced her belief she can't compete with skilled fighters based on skill alone.

That was somewhat thought provoking until u got to the end. Baars is on a whole new level. Shes not some "average" kickboxer, and cyborg started racking up points the later half of the fight, but ran out of time.

So..u really cant use Baars. MOST 98.9 percent of women would lose to her.

Cyborg used steroids as we all know, and look at her, even without steroids she's annihilating all the competition primarily through brute force.

Is it possible she's continuing to reap the benefits of steroid use even though she's currently clean?

Absolutely according to a few studies... such as:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

The researchers discovered that the lifters who had once taken the drugs had a comparable number of cell nuclei in their quadriceps as athletes who were currently performing high intensity training.

Research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers.

Edit: Another study worth looking into : https://thinksteroids.com/news/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/

What are the names of the steroids they took? How much did they take? How long did they take them for? Pseudo-science at it's best.

Multiple scientific studies or your opinion ... I think I will go with science. My brother used to be a body builder, he would say you are full of crap, because we have had this discussion, and when he heard about the studies he was surprised it was needed.

Did you even check out the articles? The studies that the article posted was straight bs, you my friend are full of sht....

Give me a legit study, on a real legit site like www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov not some article with some bunch bs quotes.

Last edited:
I've only done two cycles of oral+prohormone. I haven't lifted for 10 years and still retained 10lbs of muscle

Yep, you're right. PED steroids are different.

The prescription steroids used to reduce pain and inflammation are a different class of steroids called cortical steroids (e.g. Cortisone). These steroids are catabolic - they breakdown tissues.

Back