Science tells us PED benefits can last for "decades". Take Cyborg for example...

Now gentlemen,

Before many of you absentmindedly sign on to this? I suggest 2 things.

1. Think for a few minutes.
2. Actually read the article.

LOL, if Sherdoggers tl;dr forum posts, no chance in hell these same people read research articles completely.

Kinda off subject question and pardon my ignorance but do armies or militaries give steroids to soidiers?

To the normal ground troops, probably not, but to the elite soldiers for special missions, you bet they get more than just regular steroids.

Of course it can. If you build muscle mass cheating it's easier to keep that muscle mass on without steroids than it is building it from scratch without cheating.

So Cyborg not making 135 is a decision to keep reaping the benefits of cheating. Why are the 135ers supposed to GO UP in weight to fight a cheater?

In which case what is to stop an amateur competitor roiding to the gills before turning pro and keeping the benefits?

Genuine question.

In which case what is to stop an amateur competitor roiding to the gills before turning pro and keeping the benefits?

Genuine question.

It's only an advantage if all the other pros are natural and are not taking anything while they're pro.

All I took from this is that I need to do a couple of cycles to stay in shape in my 40s...
It's so funny that all these professional athletes are risking their careers, spending millions to juice and cheat the drug tests when all they need to do is shoot some roids once and be jacked for life. Suckers.

Cyborg used steroids as we all know, and look at her, even without steroids she's annihilating all the competition primarily through brute force.

Is it possible she's continuing to reap the benefits of steroid use even though she's currently clean?

Absolutely according to a few studies... such as:
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24730151

The researchers discovered that the lifters who had once taken the drugs had a comparable number of cell nuclei in their quadriceps as athletes who were currently performing high intensity training.

Research suggests that athletes who use steroids for a short period can benefit for their entire careers.

Edit: Another study worth looking into : https://thinksteroids.com/news/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/
Look at her head, she is growing bone on top of bone cuz of HGH, she getting a larger, denser head to absorb all those punches.

I watched one of these bad cosmetic surgery shows, and they had a girl who looked like cyborg come in, and all the things the doctor pointed out wrong, cuz he's a fucking doctor, is what Cyborg has.

It's only an advantage if all the other pros are natural and are not taking anything while they're pro.

I understand that, and I do think more or on it than not, I mean in the current state of heightened testing. Isn't it encouraging people to juice up before joining the UFC and still reaping the benefits?

Do people really need a study to reach this conclusion?
I guess so, since they are letting Cyborg murk women to this day.

Personally, it makes me Ill. Reminds me of a man beating a woman.

Yep, you're right. PED steroids are different.

The prescription steroids used to reduce pain and inflammation are a different class of steroids called cortical steroids (e.g. Cortisone). These steroids are catabolic - they breakdown tissues.
Holy shit, I just learned something on Sherdog.

Word to your mother.

Vitor was an unintelligent PEDs/ steroids abuser. he used them wrongly and damaged his system. Overeem still looks fine even he was roided to the gills in his ubereem days

Vitor probably started steroids around 16, there is only so much the body can take. Dude was yuge at 19

Not really a body builder, but isn't it common knowledge that it's easier to maintain great strength than it is to build it to begin with? Even if the previous PED use isn't a benefit, just getting yourself their the first time is still a huge advantage.

That was somewhat thought provoking until u got to the end. Baars is on a whole new level. Shes not some "average" kickboxer, and cyborg started racking up points the later half of the fight, but ran out of time.

So..u really cant use Baars. MOST 98.9 percent of women would lose to her.

Cyborg believes in her own hype 100%. She believed she was good enough to beat Baars. When she got clowned you could see her entire approach to the fight shift. She stopped trying to strike and started grabbing Baars and using her steroid strength to throw her down. I honestly believe that fight was an eye opening for her and she has avoided anything that looked like a challenge since.

Cyborg believes in her own hype 100%. She believed she was good enough to beat Baars. When she got clowned you could see her entire approach to the fight shift. She stopped trying to strike and started grabbing Baars and using her steroid strength to throw her down. I honestly believe that fight was an eye opening for her and she has avoided anything that looked like a challenge since.

Cyborg did start to ragdoll Baars but seemed like it was more instinctual on her part.

What people seem to forget is that Baars is a muay thai Champion. I give Cyborg credit for testing herself against the best in the world.

Cyborg did start to ragdoll Baars but seemed like it was more instinctual on her part.

What people seem to forget is that Baars is a muay thai Champion. I give Cyborg credit for testing herself against the best in the world.

She got exposed.

Not really a body builder, but isn't it common knowledge that it's easier to maintain great strength than it is to build it to begin with? Even if the previous PED use isn't a benefit, just getting yourself their the first time is still a huge advantage.

Cyborg maintains the muscle by lifting weights every day and keeping her protein intake high enough to where her body isn't breaking down protein in muscles and converting it to glucose to be used for energy. If she stopped lifting weights, reduced her daily caloric intake and started doing endurance cardio she would lose muscle mass and be able to fight at 135 lbs next month. This isn't new science. It's basic biology. Anybody that says different is an idiot.

She'll never lose the muscle mass though because she's not confident enough in her ability to compete with the best fighters in the world on skill alone. People take steroids because they don't believe they are good enough naturally. They feel they need a secret equalizer. Cyborg is a mental midget, basically.

Maybe.

giphy.gif

Who's that?

Back