Science tells us PED benefits can last for "decades". Take Cyborg for example...

Most start that diet when they're young, results come quicker. That's building a better foundation, like doing sports as a kid shows in your 30's.

Weird you would single out Cyborg but not surprising. Maybe we should make a list of fighters that are still active in the UFC that we know for sure have used in the past and therefore continue to benefit from an unfair advantage. I'll start:

1. Dan Henderson

I have mentioned this before as well. It's why she needs to fight at 135, because she still gets the benefit of steroids if she can bulk up.

With Cyborg it's a mental thing. She doesn't believe she's good enough to compete with the best in the world on skill alone. She started her mma career as a 135er and got rag dolled and lost. That's when she decided to get on the steroid diet, bulked up and built up this aura of invincibility. Her entire persona is attached to being able to manhandle smaller women and overpower them. I think when Baars clowned her that further reinforced her belief she can't compete with skilled fighters based on skill alone.

When you take hormones you stop producing them naturally. If you cut it, you lose most of your testosterone. You can't have benefits after stopping the usage, you will get the oposite, lose your libido, lose strength, lose weight/muscle. Also, it takes ages to have your testosterone levels the same as before taking hormones and most people don't get back 100% of it.

Cyborg isn't really trying to fight the best though. She just expects everyone to move up in weight to fight her instead of her moving down and fighting the more popular women in the UFC, for example. I actually think Valentina knocks her out.

The perfect exemple of that is Justin Gatlin, the guy was suspended after a positive test for testosterone and since he came back he is faster than ever before...

That's why there should be lifetime bans

Or failing that, you are never allowed to fight for the belt again

Bullcrap.. You more often than not go down below where you would have been had you never taken anything within a year and a half of getting off. That's why people stay on their whole careers; they kind of have to.

Weird you would single out Cyborg but not surprising. Maybe we should make a list of fighters that are still active in the UFC that we know for sure have used in the past and therefore continue to benefit from an unfair advantage. I'll start:

1. Dan Henderson
Did dan henderson bulk up 15lbs with muscle to claim he can't fight in a division 10lbs lighter and constantly call out fighters from the division he refuses to fight at?

That's why there should be lifetime bans

Or failing that, you are never allowed to fight for the belt again

There would be no fighters. Like 95% of the roster would be done. If you are including people that have actually done PEDs in the last 10 years, then it's 98%, at least. Wake up.

Yeah, we should all just go with our gut feeling instead of scientific evidence.
right.... because if brock lesnar stopped using peds he would shrink and shrivel into marc raimondi....

if you need science to see this, ive got news for you

Bullcrap.. You more often than not go down below where you would have been had you never taken anything within a year and a half of getting off. That's why people stay on their whole careers; they kind of have to.
Multiple scientific studies or your opinion ... I think I will go with science. My brother used to be a body builder, he would say you are full of crap, because we have had this discussion, and when he heard about the studies he was surprised it was needed.

So basically, Dana White needs to correlate with hospitals. On childrens' birth certificates, right next to father's name, they need to add a box that reads, "Do you plan on entering your child into MMA?", Yes or No.

If you check yes, they immediately search for PEDS in the infant. They also want to make sure that either parent was not a PED user and passed it on to the child.

Nothing can stop the quest for a 100% clean sport.

Seems those gainz don't stick around for everyone...

474159098-middleweight-vitor-belfort-poses-for-a-gettyimages.jpg

There would be no fighters. Like 95% of the roster would be done. If you are including people that have actually done PEDs in the last 10 years, then it's 98%, at least. Wake up.

No I don't want to wake up I enjoy sleeping

When you take hormones you stop producing them naturally. If you cut it, you lose most of your testosterone. You can't have benefits after stopping the usage, you will get the oposite, lose your libido, lose strength, lose weight/muscle. Also, it takes ages to have your testosterone levels the same as before taking hormones and most people don't get back 100% of it.

This is largely true UNLESS you can get your system back on. It took me over 3 years to get mine right after 20 years of heavy PED use.

Using PED's grows muscle, that is permanent, and can benefit you forever. I stopped training for 3 years and when I started back, I could bench over 400 again in less than 6 months, with no PED's.

Multiple scientific studies or your opinion ... I think I will go with science. My brother used to be a body builder, he would say you are full of crap, because we have had this discussion, and when he heard about the studies he was surprised it was needed.

I never competed, but I was a bodybuilder as well. Most the people I know that were totally jacked that completely got off turned to crap.

Seems like that is just a piece of things though. You hear so many anecdotes of guys saying they feel terrible off PED's, the "superman when on them, Lois lane off of them" thing. I guess it is an issue of moderation and informed use, and not blowing out your system's ability to readjust itself.

Did dan henderson bulk up 15lbs with muscle to claim he can't fight in a division 10lbs lighter and constantly call out fighters from the division he refuses to fight at?
What are you on about? TS posted an article that states the use of testosterone has lasting benefits long after the usage has ended.

Would you have been as triggered if I would have said Rothwell instead of Henderson?

Back