Social Scandal in Belgium about a Burger ad (man hitting a woman)

Not having a sense of humor is in poor taste and unacceptable.

Might have to get a burger for lunch today.
I get the joke, and in general, I don't wish comedians to limit the subjects they make light of. But this is to sell fast food burgers and kids are rather impressionable. I don't think it's a good mix.

Low-grade trash being sold with low-brow advertising. What else is new?

Atleast they're not falsely advertising themselves as a moral enterprise while selling cheap, greasy burgers to people. Unlike most other fast food joints.

The biggest laugh is when one of these burger joints attempts to portray themselves as "environmentally conscious".

I get the joke, and in general, I don't wish comedians to limit the subjects they make light of. But this is to sell fast food burgers and kids are rather impressionable. I don't think it's a good mix.

Fast food isn't just for kids. Kinda like how plenty of adults like fruit-flavors and cartoons too. As for impressionable, maybe it's better to not role-model having a stick up one's ass?

If feminists got half as offended when female to Male violence occurs, they'd have an atom of integrity.

But they dont.

An advertisement for "Bicky Burger" showing a man hitting a women because she didn't bring him a real Bicky Burger : "A false Bicky, seriously ?".
191010035740717935.jpg

Already more than 500 complaints.
Do you find this offending ?
It made me laugh but it could have been the woman hitting the man I would have laughed the same.
Wtf?! That is a terrible ad, he looks like he's going to kill her. It'd be one thing if it was like a mild slap like in that Batman/Robin panel but this guy punched her across the room. Terrible idea.
The General Federation of Belgian Labour already diverted the ad for their own purposes and it didn't please either
191010042312471358.png
Dis I like doe
stop_penis_erect_archer.gif

Not having a sense of humor is in poor taste and unacceptable.

Might have to get a burger for lunch today.
I don't see how its funny at all, just the way the characters are drawn makes things so much worse. The same concept could be done better if the art was just different. Dude looks like he landed an H-bomb on her and she looks to be in terrible pain, could've left it at a mere Stockton slap
tenor.gif

I don't see how its funny at all, just the way the characters are drawn makes things so much worse. The same concept could be done better if the art was just different. Dude looks like he landed an H-bomb on her and she looks to be in terrible pain, could've left it at a mere Stockton slap
tenor.gif

I find it neither great nor worth crying about. Kinda reminds me of this.

agoraphobicnosebleed-apartment213-split.jpeg

I find it neither great nor worth crying about. Kinda reminds me of this.
I find it in incredible poor taste but even if others react the way you do the ad is still failing. And ad should make you feel positive emotions so that you associate those with what's being advertised, this cartoon is kind of gross though.

I find it in incredible poor taste but even if others react the way you do the ad is still failing. And ad should make you feel positive emotions so that you associate those with what's being advertised, this cartoon is kind of gross though.

I find associating feet with something consumable to be in poor taste and I don't buy this product. Pretty disgusting.

BarefootWines.png

Fast food isn't just for kids. Kinda like how plenty of adults like fruit-flavors and cartoons too. As for impressionable, maybe it's better to not role-model having a stick up one's ass?
Do you think because it isn't just targeted at kids, that is a rebuttal? As for impressionable, if a kid sees that kind of behaviour from adults in real life, it's not far fetched to imagine that seeing it also in that context normalizes it from kid's point of view.

Edit: I think you points are poorly considered and it's been a habit lately. I saw your "argument" about equating US state separatism with the Hong Kong situation. It was equally lacking in logical foundation but I just couldn't be bothered and didn't want to insert myself into that. What happened to you?

The primary target of fast food, related merchandising, media buy, and so on is typically children, because fast food joints are typically family restaurants, and many parents will take their kids wherever it gets them to shut up. Yes, they also accommodate the tastes of the parents, but only by extension.

And none of the foregoing even matters compared to the mere fact that women don't need to be exposed to this shit. If it's a standup comedian, you can just not buy a ticket, or not watch the show, but an ad in public? How do you avoid that when you're a traumatized victim of domestic violence? You really think they ought to just suck it up because it tickles your funny bone?

Edit: How does your spouse feel about it?

Last edited:
Edit: I think you points are poorly considered and it's been a habit lately. I saw your "argument" about equating US state separatism with the Hong Kong situation. It was equally lacking in logical foundation but I just couldn't be bothered and didn't want to insert myself into that. What happened to you?

Feel free to not read or respond then. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy exploring different philosophies and perspectives on topics as they interest me. Have a great weekend.

Feel free to not read or respond then. In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy exploring different philosophies and perspectives on topics as they interest me. Have a great weekend.
Dodge noted. And that's a funny way to describe using bad logic to justify multiple snarky comments. If you could counter with good points, I'd cop to the stick up my ass and re-evaluate, lighten up, even. I conclude instead you'd rather just make random negative comments for the sake of making random negative comments. I think there's a word for that...

Dodge noted. And that's a funny way to describe bad logic resulting in multiple snarky comments. If you could counter with good points, I'd cop to the stick up my ass and re-evaluate, lighten up, even. I conclude instead you'd rather just make random negative comments for the sake of making random negative comments. I think there's a word for that...

Characterize it however you want. To me you basically said I wasn't worth your time. Pretty arrogant to say what you said and expect me to continue the discussion.

You've stated your opinion that this ad will influence children, and seem to be insisting it's a fact. Noted. To me that sounds curious, coming from a dude who used to rock a Simpsons AV. Was there a study showing violent cartoons and video games make kids violent and that's why you distanced yourself from a cartoon with a 20+ year run of targeting kids with depictions of shitty behavior?

The stick in ass comment wasn't directed at you personally and I'm sorry if you took it that way.

An advertisement for "Bicky Burger" showing a man hitting a women because she didn't bring him a real Bicky Burger : "A false Bicky, seriously ?".
191010035740717935.jpg

Already more than 500 complaints.
Do you find this offending ?
It made me laugh but it could have been the woman hitting the man I would have laughed the same.

My 8 year old daughter just read the ad and approves of the humor.

Then she punched me in the face

....and the horse she rode in on

First of all, the pictures in this thread totally lead me to believe I’d eat the shit out of a Bicky Burger— vegetarian or otherwise.

Second of all, uh, I forget what the second thing was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back