Social Scandal in Belgium about a Burger ad (man hitting a woman)

Poids Moyen

Mussels
Banned
Reaction score
An advertisement for "Bicky Burger" showing a man hitting a women because she didn't bring him a real Bicky Burger : "A false Bicky, seriously ?".
191010035740717935.jpg

Already more than 500 complaints.
Do you find this offending ?
It made me laugh but it could have been the woman hitting the man I would have laughed the same.

Yeah, maybe don't commercialize men beating their wives for not serving them to their satisfaction.

Burgers are serious business.

The General Federation of Belgian Labour already diverted the ad for their own purposes and it didn't please either
191010042312471358.png

Yeah, maybe don't commercialize men beating their wives for not serving them to their satisfaction.

Perhaps the woman's friends should have just got up and left, and not done anything after this assault.

Strictly speaking about this cartoon image of course. Although it's only a cartoon, I'd like to imagine in the grander scale of things there may be more to this story and the woman being slapped has a deeper history in the ink and pen and would have friends along some different time line.

Perhaps the woman's friends should have just got up and left, and not done anything after this assault.

For someone who supposedly ignores everything he says, you sure do have an unhealthy obsession with everything he posts.

They should check if the woman in the ad didn't get injured. Domestic violence isn't a joke.

Last edited:
For someone who supposedly ignores everything he says, you sure do have an unhealthy obsession with everything he posts.

I don't have him on ignore. So it would not be possible for me to ignore everything he says. Did you mistype that part of your post or something?

I must say, for a guy with only 855 posts since 2003, I'm honored to have been your 855'th post. Such little posts, with such an old account. Since this is a public forum, what is wrong with me quoting him? Have you been spying on me for months and months or something to know exactly how often I quote the guy or something?

I don't have him on ignore. So it would not be possible for me to ignore everything he says. Did you mistype that part of your post or something?

I must say, for a guy with only 855 posts since 2003, I'm honored to have been your 855'th post. Such little posts, with such an old account. Since this is a public forum, what is wrong with me quoting him? Have you been spying on me for months and months or something to know exactly how often I quote the guy or something?

No, you just do it in almost every thread he posts in. It's weird.

It never fails to amaze me the types of ideas that get greenlit by companies

Like, Hank making that meme for his twitter account? Sure. Whatever. But a commercial business saying yeah, our add campaign should totally include a cartoon dude punching a chick over a burger?

This has to be a 4D chess attempt where the outrage at their ad causes a greater amount of publicity for them than those who decide not to eat there anymore

Last edited:
Back