Social Scandal in Belgium about a Burger ad (man hitting a woman)

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Poids Moyen, Oct 10, 2019.

1. badascan

badascan Pugnacious Audacious Moral Nihilist Platinum Member

isnt that a popular image? a recreation of a comic book cover?... i think i remember seeing it, maybe in the Comic art thread... maybe it was superman punching a woman...

2. badascan

badascan Pugnacious Audacious Moral Nihilist Platinum Member

Louie Anderson? wondered where that bugger went...

uppercutbus likes this.
  3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond 2GM/c^2 belt

Sitting in a bunker, here behind my wall.
    I said it would be a preferable use of my time if you could challenge what I say effectively rather than with irrelevant comments disguised as rebuttal. And the "What happened to you" at the end was intended for you to infer I think you're just as capable as I. It was hard not to take it as directed at me, to be honest.

However, your stance and the way you justify it are just too easily challenged but you carry on like you have an unshakable confidence in your position. I was expecting (or maybe hoping for) an equally unassailable line of reasoning that would let me give a pass to a depiction of punching a woman in anger and knocking her the fuck out just to sell burgers. I hope you can understand my disappointment. If I am going to take a position, I want to assist in it being torn to shreds if it is weak, or confirm my understanding if it is strong. If the opposing position is weak but has a pretense of being strong, it is not entertaining, to put it mildly.

Anyway, consider this:
    In today's society it is pretty well recognized that in general, young children aren't well equipped to decide for themselves whether they should or should not be exposed to various things and it is the parents' responsibilities to do this for them. It is recognized in turn by society that since it is up to the parents, media of various kinds limit those various things at times when children are likely to be present.

4. Riptide

Riptide Blue Belt

<{clintugh}>

tonni likes this.
  5. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

What do tell the woman with a black eye who asks what you want for dinner?

Nothing. You already told her.

6. Poids Moyen

Poids Moyen Mussels Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]
    huhuhuhuhuhuh