Law Scalia Died today

Cruz says we owe it to him to not have Obama replace him. I thought this was a man of the constitution?

It was hard to even take the guys decisions seriously. Sometimes, it felt like he came to a decision but substantiated it with something flimsy that would be more palatable to the public.

Cruz says we owe it to him to not have Obama replace him. I thought this was a man of the constitution?

It's just like executive orders. They are awful and unlawful to whatever party isn't doing them.

RIP.

I'm sad to say that the first thing I thought about when I read this news was, "Who gets to appoint the next SC justice?"

RIP.

I'm sad to say that the first thing I thought about when I read this news was, "Who gets to appoint the next SC justice?"

I'm sure Scalia would be thinking the same thing so I don't really see it as awful to think about.

It's scary looking at Fox's comment section. "Lock and load, our republic is in danger." "Obama killed him."

Read my post friend.

I'd have to really look at it, but I honestly don't think most Justices serve much more than 20 years anyways. Most Justices seem to be in their 60s when they get the job to start with. (Roberts being an exception, he might do 40 years).

It's scary looking at Fox's comment section. "Lock and load, our republic is in danger." "Obama killed him."
You gotta love it. Our republic is in danger because we may lose the conservative majority in the SC because a 79 year old died.

I'd have to really look at it, but I honestly don't think most Justices serve much more than 20 years anyways. Most Justices seem to be in their 60s when they get the job to start with. (Roberts being an exception, he might do 40 years).

Obama's appointments were relatively young as well. It's becoming a strategic move but I think one that both parties could regret. Even if you agree with a ideaology, in 40 years, the country could shift a lot. I will say though that didn't seem to matter with gay marriage so I don't worry too much about long terms.

Did someone actually try and sell the Mexican judicial system as good?

Now we just have to wait for some horrendous sex scandal to be revealed involving all the judges, FBI, and so on and so forth.

Someone on CNN threw this guy out too. Senate confirmed him 97-0 for DC court.
He clerked for Justice O'Connor. He's got professional ties to Waltee Dellinger. And he was very competent in SCOTUS oral arguments. He's as good of a candidate as conservatives can hope for.

Back