• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SBBC Thread: Lumi and RR bury the hatchet?

What will the outcome of Lumi and RR's meet up be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MADD is almost entirely mothers who have lost children due to drunk driving... show some empathy. Must suck to lose a child so senselessly. I guarantee they "give a shit," though I admit I often disagree with them politically.
MADD seems to want everyone to stop drinking as opposed to doing it as responsibly as possible. I've seen situations where they've made things more dangerous

I understand the heartache must be awful but the group now borders on unreasonable and there's no excuse for that

MADD seems to want everyone to stop drinking as opposed to doing it as responsibly as possible. I've seen situations where they've made things more dangerous

I understand the heartache must be awful but the group now borders on unreasonable and there's no excuse for that

I agree. But your initial post said they were masquerading "as people who give a shit." I think the issue is that they "give a shit" too strongly. I deal with them a lot, most have lost a child to drunk driving so it's really personal for them. That's why they're irrational at times.

lmao, I've never seen snow, I'm excited for my first real winter even though I know I'll hate it after 2 days.

Hit up Chicago during the holidays. There is nothing like walking up and down the magnificent mile with a cold snap in the air and then stepping intp a warm place. If you come up the just after thanksgiving let me know and we'll hit up the Berghoff (one of the oldest restaurants in the US).

Happy Turkey day

Came to visit family back here in Canada. Turkey dinner yesterday and we decided to go hiking at provincial park up by Lake Huron today. It's so warm, we went swimming FFS!?!?!? Swimming in Lake Huron in October? What the fuck?

Hit up Chicago during the holidays. There is nothing like walking up and down the magnificent mile with a cold snap in the air and then stepping intp a warm place. If you come up the just after thanksgiving let me know and we'll hit up the Berghoff (one of the oldest restaurants in the US).
Idk what would be worse about Chicago, the possibility of getting shot if I made a wrong turn, or running into Marce Porter on the street.

Actually, I'd rather just get shot.

Idk what would be worse about Chicago, the possibility of getting shot if I made a wrong turn, or running into Marce Porter on the street.

Actually, I'd rather just get shot.

He moved to LA last year IIRC -- so no worries. The shit areas of Chicago are really shitty and dangerous but they are also westside and southside. If you visit Chicago you'll probably hit the loop and central Chicago which is safe. Lots of cops everywhere --- chicago cops that will slam your head into the pavement without a second thought if you look at them the wrong way. Chicago is still one of those places (like LA used to be) where the cops draw a line and no shit goes down in the protected areas.

He moved to LA last year IIRC -- so no worries. The shit areas of Chicago are really shitty and dangerous but they are also westside and southside. If you visit Chicago you'll probably hit the loop and central Chicago which is safe. Lots of cops everywhere --- chicago cops that will slam your head into the pavement without a second thought if you look at them the wrong way. Chicago is still one of those places (like LA used to be) where the cops draw a line and no shit goes down in the protected areas.
Was just a joke, I might go visit.

The fact I'm actually taking a leap of faith for the first time in my life, I figure once I'm acclimated, have a place and save a little money I might try and expand my horizon's and do new things.

North Tustin and Orange getting evacuated now for fires.

How bad is it out there? Are all you guys in Cali affected by this at all? Or are the fires not anywhere near you guys?
The sky is red where I'm at. Fires are probably 20 miles away

Fires here in Nevada county. Crazy wind last night

Fire has moved over the hills. Shits getting pretty close to home now.

I feel like mother nature should stop being a cunt this year. Stupid bitch.

It's inevitable.

I've been out running trails a ton this year and all the extra rain we got this winter turned everything from a desert-ish brown to a lush green.

Now that it's October, everything is dried out and all it takes is one spark and you have an insane amount of fuel that no one bothered to do anything about.

Crazy to look out the window right now, sky is a thick burnt grey and orange... looks like a slow transition to hell outside.

Was just a joke, I might go visit.

The fact I'm actually taking a leap of faith for the first time in my life, I figure once I'm acclimated, have a place and save a little money I might try and expand my horizon's and do new things.

First of many I hope. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Indianapolis has enough stuff going that you should stay busy but definitely head up to Chicago and explore the city. Lots of great things to see. They even have a nice beach!

First of many I hope. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Indianapolis has enough stuff going that you should stay busy but definitely head up to Chicago and explore the city. Lots of great things to see. They even have a nice beach!
If I get the cabling job I had a phone interview for, I'll be doing a lot of traveling, so maybe I'll get to see some stuff for the 6-10 months I"ll be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back