Say what you want about Jones, but he can pack a lot of power in his punches

Its a semantics thing with me, but no I wouldn't say he packs a lot of power. I'd say that he garners a lot of momentum, and thus the impact on his loopier shots can be surprisingly damaging, due to the distance his limbs travel. His straights have a lot of penetration, but there's a reason Rashad isn't put out by that punch, and that's the lack of force. Machida had him loopy with much less penetrative force, because the impact was insanely higher, and he's not exactly a power puncher either.

Rashad has one of the less reliable jaws @ 205 and he couldn't finish him on the feet.

people watched Jones/Gus and assumed that Gus has an iron chin from the blows he took from Jon Jokes and it turned out that Gus can be KO'd it's just that Jones is pillow-fisted.

Not really. Talks of Gus having a great chin started after the Shogun fight and rightfully so!

O8Dq6.gif

I still think Gus has an awesome chin, it's just that Rumble is one of the hardest hitting guys in all of MMA. And Rumble had to pour it on Gus to finish him.

Rashad has one of the less reliable jaws @ 205 and he couldn't finish him on the feet.

people watched Jones/Gus and assumed that Gus has an iron chin from the blows he took from Jon Jokes and it turned out that Gus can be KO'd it's just that Jones is pillow-fisted.

Gus has never been KO'd in his career.

He was still conscious after like 17 bombs from AJ.

You guys are missing the obvious. Normally he skewers his opponent's eyeballs with his digits, so power is really not needed.

I assume the TS is trolling. Jones is much larger than the average LHW and has the punching power of a WW.

this thread has to be a joke, that gif looked like a 12 year old throwing a punch. Hes very lucky he didnt break his wrist throwing that garbage.

anyway there are MANY positive things to say about Jones' fighting skills. punching power/technique are not among them

the only thing Jon hits hard is pregnant ladies

This got to be one of the most powerful punches that I have ever seen in the UFC. It is a miracle that machida wasn't KTFO by that punch. 95% of fighters would have be unconscious after this punch.

TE]

The punch isn't a hard punch. If you look at Jones s wrist it lacks stiffness at impact witch causes it to give in and reduce the impact significantly.

You just posted gifs showing evidence of jones lack of punching power.

Jones has pillow fists, I'd not be afraid of those at all. His punches are literally garbage if you watch'm, but he's long and he POKES a lot.

His main weapons are his knees, his elbows, and his wrestling (if you're shorter than him). If you're the same height, similar height, or a damn lanky person, then his wrestling is worthless (as seen with Gus). The Gus fight actually showed how one dimensional he really is, I mean fucks sake at one point he went full mortal kombat and spammed spinning elbows as that's his biggest stand up weapon that deals damage aside from knees.

Oh yeah...

That's why his last, how many fights went to decision.

GSP still gets vilified 3 years after retiring for winning in the most dominant fashion ever. But not finishing his fights. But Jones was the GOAT.

Kiss my ass.

Back