Say what you want about Jones, but he can pack a lot of power in his punches

Who needs punching power when you can just drive a car into someone

"Most powerful punch ive ever seen in the UFC"
Join date Jul 5, 2016

He hits pretty hard. Never really commits that hard to throwing monster shots, or landing very long, punch only combos though. He uses his punches to set up the rest of his game, and really, no one can punch as hard as guys can kick, and no punch is as reliable as getting top position and ground and pounding guys out.

Jon just doesn't land a ton of punches on the button. I think it's more of a volume thing. Really, anyone in MMA is strong enough to knock guys unconscious, even without super power, it's more about landing them, and landing lots of them to up those chances.

You guys don't really think some of these KO artists that are way smaller, weaker, less explosive, etc are harder punchers than Jones based on sheer force, do you? lol.

Has he ever dropped anyone other than Machida with his hands?

Looked like from that angle he caught Machida on the cheek. Maybe if he had his feet planted he would have wobbled or dropped him. He's said it himself that his punching power is not a strong part of his game - not to say that any future opponents (in 2018) should go in there with their hands low and take a shot to land one.

He excels in every area; Stand-up, wrestling, submissions, etc.

KO power is one of the few things he lacks.

It's very surprising considering how much of a size advantage he has against most of his opponents.

And also considering he is fast and has great levers..
His straight punches should be packed

Remember when Jones said he wanted to box Wladimir Klitschko?

That would be one mismatch I would really love to watch.

I was just saying, lol. I do remember an elbow that rocked Rashad in that fight though.

Rashad has one of the less reliable jaws @ 205 and he couldn't finish him on the feet.

people watched Jones/Gus and assumed that Gus has an iron chin from the blows he took from Jon Jokes and it turned out that Gus can be KO'd it's just that Jones is pillow-fisted.

Rashad has one of the less reliable jaws @ 205 and he couldn't finish him on the feet.

people watched Jones/Gus and assumed that Gus has an iron chin from the blows he took from Jon Jokes and it turned out that Gus can be KO'd it's just that Jones is pillow-fisted.
Rashad's chin was fine before he got injured.

Oh come on now, dude. Gus ate some big headkicks in that fight & was only KO'd by Anthony fucking Johnson, lol.

Its hard to see the correct technique when it comes to striking. Sure you can se the overall movement but punching power breaks down to details thats almost impossible to spot by the naked eye. You will have to feel it or judge it by the impact it has. A little wrist "give out" at impact or a lack of grounding of the feet could take away a large % of the impact. Relaxation of the body and tensing the body at the exact right moments also plays an important part to packing a good punch.

I belive Jones has the potential to pack a KO punch with the correct focus on details. Its not as much genetics as many people make it out to be IMO.

"Most powerful punch ive ever seen in the UFC"
Join date Jul 5, 2016

What's your point buddy? You seem to say that life start with the "join date", but i can't believe that's your point...you can't be that retarded...

trolololol he has pillow fists. Great fighter in a lot of regards, but punching power sure as hell isn't one of them.

That punch that hit Machida is the most powerful punch you have ever seen TS?

Back