Say what you want about Jones, but he can pack a lot of power in his punches

KOfinger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This got to be one of the most powerful punches that I have ever seen in the UFC. It is a miracle that machida wasn't KTFO by that punch. 95% of fighters would have be unconscious after this punch.
vfxuno.gif

12_medium_medium.gif

Jon+Jones+Punches+Out+Glover+Teixeira's+Mouthpiece+UFC+172.gif

Jones_Machida_2_e01unoud_p1e08bmk.gif

His wrist bent. He lucky he didn't break it. Looked like a Tate straight

For his size I think Jones has moderate punching power, nothing exceptional.

Their heads didn't spring back so it can't be that powerful lol

For a guy on steroids he has very little punching power. There are some welterweights that hit harder than him.

He has literally hurt no one with a punch...but he has power? LMFAO

I read the thread title and swore you said "packs alot of powder". My bad.

Powder.gif

Jon doesnt have that much power behind his hard punches and he knows it. We all know it. He will connect with them and he instantly either pushes off or sticks his hands out after. He will always keep his distance. Fighters with ko power have crippling sense of direction of when they hurt their opponents. Hunt, carwin, lawler, rumble and jds have it. Jon does not. Jon isa punisher on his feet. He knows he can hit you hard but not with a ko. But jon is still great at finding other ways of finishing thats why he was so good peds aside.

I'm a big Jones fan and don't think he's been on steroids his whole career or anything like that. I don't even know for sure if he took those EBs on purpose. That being said, he's never been a good power puncher. He scores with his punches and sets up elbows with them, clinches after them and even gets his opponent off balance with them but he doesn't pack a lot of power in his punches. I know Jones is the best in the world at LHW but Rumble, Glover, Gus, and DC all have noticeably more power in their punches than Jon.

Say what you want about his lack of punching power but he has great kicks, knees, elbows, subs, takedowns, ground and pound and a brutal clinch game. The guy is great but just not a power puncher, at all.

Jones is the biggest LHW ever, I don´t think anybody can argue against that.... and for a guy his size, he actually has very little punching power.... Sure he can knock them off balance, but that´s about it. You don´t see any of them actually really wobbling at all or lying uncoscious on the mat after Jon lands. And specially in a weight class that had/has so many heavy hitters like Liddell, Rumble, Rampage, even guys like Shogun, could knock you out with 1 punch.... Jones hasn´t even come close to knocking someone out with a punch. Even way smaller guys in lower weight divisions hit harder than Jones, like Melvin Guillard, Vitor Belfort, prime Hendrix, H bomb Henderson, even Koscheck right overhand just to name a few.

He just throws fast punches. Those are not hard at all.
Do you want to compare him with Anthony Johnson?
lol

He throws a mean standing elbow, but big power in his hands?.. Nah..

He excels in every area; Stand-up, wrestling, submissions, etc.

KO power is one of the few things he lacks.

It's very surprising considering how much of a size advantage he has against most of his opponents.

Back