Say what you want about Jones, but he can pack a lot of power in his punches

Their heads didn't spring back so it can't be that powerful lol
For real! Machida ate that "bomb" like nothing! I think TS may be Trolling. Not to say Jon isn't a beast (I'm a hater btw) but of all Jon's many skills and gifts, punching power isn't one of them.

What's your point buddy? You seem to say that life start with the "join date", but i can't believe that's your point...you can't be that retarded...
My point is that you are a noob who hasn't watched shit if you think Jon Jones is the hardest hitter you've ever seen.

Lmfao, TS what a retard you are. So fucking delusional that I actually starting to wonder what you do in you're real life.

Its hard to see the correct technique when it comes to striking. Sure you can se the overall movement but punching power breaks down to details thats almost impossible to spot by the naked eye. You will have to feel it or judge it by the impact it has. A little wrist "give out" at impact or a lack of grounding of the feet could take away a large % of the impact. Relaxation of the body and tensing the body at the exact right moments also plays an important part to packing a good punch.

I belive Jones has the potential to pack a KO punch with the correct focus on details. Its not as much genetics as many people make it out to be IMO.

Jones is somewhere between 220 and 230 on fight night. A trained fighter that size should absolutely be able to KO someone. The fact that he doesn't shows he really isn't a power puncher.

Jones is somewhere between 220 and 230 on fight night. A trained fighter that size should absolutely be able to KO someone. The fact that he doesn't shows he really isn't a power puncher.

He is 225 lbs when he is totally out of shape and out of camp. So I guess that on fight night he is more like 215 lbs.

He is 225 lbs when he is totally out of shape and out of camp. So I guess that on fight night he is more like 215 lbs.

He's talked or posted about being heavier than that multiple times. When he fought Bader he was up to 221 by just after midnight:

He's only gotten bigger since then. He was a lean 228 in some of the power lifting pics he put up and hit 240 in February of this year. I think you are underestimating his fight weight.

Its a troll, stop making some great analysis why op is wrong. Lmao.

He got 0 KOs in his career. Not counting TKOs(mostly with elbows). He never KOed somebody cleanly.

His best shot was when he dropped Machida. Compare that with Machida, Shogun, Gus, Cormier, Bader or Johnson.

He's talked or posted about being heavier than that multiple times. When he fought Bader he was up to 221 by just after midnight:

He's only gotten bigger since then. He was a lean 228 in some of the power lifting pics he put up and hit 240 in February of this year. I think you are underestimating his fight weight.

he said he was 225 in this photo:

jon+jones+fat.jpg

He hits pretty hard. Never really commits that hard to throwing monster shots, or landing very long, punch only combos though. He uses his punches to set up the rest of his game, and really, no one can punch as hard as guys can kick, and no punch is as reliable as getting top position and ground and pounding guys out.

Jon just doesn't land a ton of punches on the button. I think it's more of a volume thing. Really, anyone in MMA is strong enough to knock guys unconscious, even without super power, it's more about landing them, and landing lots of them to up those chances.

You guys don't really think some of these KO artists that are way smaller, weaker, less explosive, etc are harder punchers than Jones based on sheer force, do you? lol.

Smaller guys can generate more power for sure, like Melvin Manhoef or Belfort. Jones is hardly what I'd call an explosive fighter though, that would be somebody like Anthony Johnson or Vitor Belfort(with TRT).

Jones strength lies in being a very good wrestler and really long and able to keep guys that usually hit harder at bay with kicks and pokes until they get tired.

Smaller guys can generate more power for sure, like Melvin Manhoef or Belfort. Jones is hardly what I'd call an explosive fighter though, that would be somebody like Anthony Johnson or Vitor Belfort(with TRT).

Jones strength lies in being a very good wrestler and really long and able to keep guys that usually hit harder at bay with kicks and pokes until they get tired.

lol at smaller guys generating more power.... you must be retarded or something

lol at smaller guys generating more power.... you must be retarded or something

Why not? They may have different biomechanics and muscle composition. I'm not talking about small guys, just guys a bit lighter.

Or do you think Zuluzinho or Pudz hits harder than JDS or Carwin.

say what you want about TS but he can post a lot of obvious shit in his threads.

This got to be one of the most powerful punches that I have ever seen in the UFC. It is a miracle that machida wasn't KTFO by that punch. 95% of fighters would have be unconscious after this punch.
vfxuno.gif

12_medium_medium.gif

Jon+Jones+Punches+Out+Glover+Teixeira's+Mouthpiece+UFC+172.gif

Jones_Machida_2_e01unoud_p1e08bmk.gif
Lol, is one of those fighters that got some many tools except power. You're tripping TS.

Jon's lack of ko power is actually the one thing missing from his fighting ability

Back