• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Saudi’s looking to buy all Boxing Promotions …Saudi Boxing League incoming ?

this is not a good idea in the slightest.

this is exactly how you end up with a dipshit like dana white running the sport. except in this case, the asshole doing it literally runs a country that murders dissidents.

Last edited:
Its fun watching the charlatans getting exposed, Wilder and Fury had to step up for a cheque lol now if they could get that ducking ginger cunt to step up and take his beating like the other two.
I can see Hearn and Oscar selling up but Frank and Arum?

1477 championship belts in boxing <lol>

Last edited:
this is not a good idea in the slightest.

this is exactly how you end up with a dipshit like dana white running the sport. except in this case, the asshole doing it literally runs a country that murders dissidents.
Yea because you’re so clean.

fat-joe-making-it-rain.gif

Maaaan, does this mean every big fight is gonna be ar 2pm from now on?

Maaaan, does this mean every big fight is gonna be ar 2pm from now on?
Not necessarily. The Saudis have said that they're willing to put some big fights on in other regions like the US. Recently Turki said that Canelo vs Bud could be held there even though that fight isn't going to happen.

Imagine fights actually meaning something, tournament style, no ducking, no money issues, no question who's #1, foreign af to boxing fans but kinda how it should be?
Apparently it will cost Turki around 5 bil to buy boxing.

Imagine fights actually meaning something, tournament style, no ducking, no money issues, no question who's #1, foreign af to boxing fans but kinda how it should be?
I know that's the figure being reported but I don't think it's accurate. The UFC sold for over $4 billion and that was 8 years ago. Now it's said to be worth over $12 billion and that's just one MMA promotion despite it being the premier organization. I think if you add up all of the major boxing promotions' value it'd be significantly more expensive than $5 billion.

i don't really get this, though. how many divisions are so lacking in this department?

we have a clear champion at HW in usyk.
LHW has bivol and beterbiev, they'll fight next.
at 168, canelo may be on the way out, but he's clearly the number one guy.
at 160, janibek.
154 is fractured now, but not long ago charlo held all the belts.
147 crawford.
140 we got haney, teo, matias... a bit messy now.
135 with davis, loma, shakur... loma wants them, but the other 2 are being bitches.

i'm too lazy to go on, but you can see what i'm getting at.

in most divisions, it's pretty clear who the best guy is, and if it isn't, they eventually fight it out. yes, we sometimes get frustrating champions like BJS or andrade, who refuse to fight anyone... but sooner or later, they catch their beatings and leave.

everyone likes to complain about boxing championships being fractured into 4 belts, but i don't really see what the fuss is about. or maybe we've just been getting great fights these last few years?

i don't really get this, though. how many divisions are so lacking in this department?

we have a clear champion at HW in usyk.
LHW has bivol and beterbiev, they'll fight next.
at 168, canelo may be on the way out, but he's clearly the number one guy.
at 160, janibek.
154 is fractured now, but not long ago charlo held all the belts.
147 crawford.
140 we got haney, teo, matias... a bit messy now.
135 with davis, loma, shakur... loma wants them, but the other 2 are being bitches.

i'm too lazy to go on, but you can see what i'm getting at.

in most divisions, it's pretty clear who the best guy is, and if it isn't, they eventually fight it out. yes, we sometimes get frustrating champions like BJS or andrade, who refuse to fight anyone... but sooner or later, they catch their beatings and leave.

everyone likes to complain about boxing championships being fractured into 4 belts, but i don't really see what the fuss is about. or maybe we've just been getting great fights these last few years?
Right but the first two you named, having a clear HW champion and soon to have a clear LHW champion, is because of the Saudis. We could also have a truly undisputed champ at SMW but Canelo won't fight Benavidez unless the Saudis once again step in and pay him his $150m.

Right but the first two you named, having a clear HW champion and soon to have a clear LHW champion, is because of the Saudis. We could also have a truly undisputed champ at SMW but Canelo won't fight Benavidez unless the Saudis once again step in and pay him his $150m.
right, but not because one man has bought up all boxing promotions.

the solution here isn't that everyone is signed to a single promotion, it's that someone comes along with enough money to invest into big fights. right now, we have a saudi cunt who's making it worth everyone's time to get these fights. when he buys every big boxing promotion, that's no longer the case. i'm fairly certain the UFC model isn't what solves boxing, but ultimately makes it far, far worse.

the solution here isn't that everyone is signed to a single promotion, it's that someone comes along with enough money to invest into big fights. right now, we have a saudi cunt who's making it worth everyone's time to get these fights. when he buys every big boxing promotion, that's no longer the case. i'm fairly certain the UFC model isn't what solves boxing, but ultimately makes it far, far worse.
He doesn't need to buy them all. No. It's just one option that they're currently pursuing in order to make big fights even easier and quicker. No need for cross or co-promotion if they're all in the same organization. Everything would be in-house then.

Agreed. This will basically just make a boxing dictator who gets to single handedly make all the decisions.

I'd prefer keeping the promotions the way there are and Turkey buy the fights he wants.

I'm not down for a league.

Back