Social Saturday is BBQ Day V3 - How big is your meat?

Hmm even with screenshotting the photos I can’t upload. Pork shoulder in there today. Looks good! Been spraying with duck fat instead of spritzing. Getting a nice bark.

Photos are a pain the ass for me too. Upload from phone, download to computer, resize, & upload. I should just pay for a hosting site.

After 2 hours of resting, I unwrapped & started cutting:

20200325_131801_1.jpg 20200325_131846_1.jpg 20200325_131851_1.jpg 20200325_132100_1.jpg

Amazing how hot the brisket is after resting. Well worth the wait.

Side note: I made the cutting board in the pics. Will create a thread for the process.

After 2 hours of resting, I unwrapped & started cutting:

View attachment 755255 View attachment 755256 View attachment 755257 View attachment 755258

Amazing how hot the brisket is after resting. Well worth the wait.

Side note: I made the cutting board in the pics. Will create a thread for the process.
I've got a scrap length of 40mm stave oak worktop I was planning to make cutting boards with, should get about 8 boards out of what I have so will keep a couple for myself and give the rest to family as Christmas gifts this year.
Gives me justification to buy a cordless router if nothing else.

I've got a scrap length of 40mm stave oak worktop I was planning to make cutting boards with, should get about 8 boards out of what I have so will keep a couple for myself and give the rest to family as Christmas gifts this year.
Gives me justification to buy a cordless router if nothing else.

I like the way you think! I'm a big fan of Milwaukee's M18 line & they recently released a cordless router that I want. Hard to justify when I have corded Bosch fixed & plunger routers though.

I've got some nice traditional maple blocks going & some exotic combos. Boards are looking great.

I like the way you think! I'm a big fan of Milwaukee's M18 line & they recently released a cordless router that I want. Hard to justify when I have corded Bosch fixed & plunger routers though.

I've got some nice traditional maple blocks going & some exotic combos. Boards are looking great.
Milwaukee aren't so big over here yet, they've been taking marker share over the past couple of years but are still second fiddle to Makita and DeWalt.
It'll be the DeWalt 18v cordless router I get as me and the team are all on their battery platform.

Anybody in here have experience with Kamados?

Here is my last quarantine brisket

20200321_190020_compress32.jpg

Usually I bbq once every 5 or 6 weeks because its not a practical activity with a toddler, but with the need to make large quantities of food for leftovers due to the quarantine it may turn into every other week.

Monday is BBQ day!
First attempt at pork ribs so I'm going with 3,2,1 method on the kettle at 225ish with oak chips as it's all I have in.

IMG-20200330-WA0021.jpeg

Follow-up pics from the last brisket.

Tacos with homemade tortillas & hot sauce:
20200325_132254_1.jpg

Sandwiches with sauce & toasted buns:
20200326_100243_1.jpg 20200326_100255_1.jpg 20200326_101008_1.jpg

Nachos with homemade tortilla chips & refried beans, jalapenos, black olives, sour cream & cheese:
20200326_160205_1.jpg

Collage:
20200326_162510_1.jpg

So I've had to basically do a temporary shut down of my food truck business due to Covid-19. I work on USMC base Camp Lejeune and they are now wanting everyone to wear face masks at all times. While I still had plenty of people coming out for my daily lunch service the numbers have shrunken, and since this new face mask order went live it has dwindled significantly. I've still got a few "catering" style gigs which are essentially just BBQ delivery, but it helps. I'm doing 4 briskets (prime in my area was $3.28/Lb, so that's pretty amazing), and 70 chicken legs for a small event tomorrow. I'll try and remember to take a few pics when I pull them out of the rest for slicing.

Restaurant Depot has opened their doors to the public for the time being, so for those of you who have one in your area it's definitely worth checking out.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loc...-public-for-the-first-time-in-company-history

I'm not sure if all locations are doing it, but it's worth calling your local warehouse and checking if you're interested.

Bank holiday here today and the weather was perfect.
First brisket, just a point on the Weber Kettle.

Screenshot_20200525-231624.png Screenshot_20200525-231601.png Screenshot_20200525-231546.png

So I've had to basically do a temporary shut down of my food truck business due to Covid-19. I work on USMC base Camp Lejeune and they are now wanting everyone to wear face masks at all times. While I still had plenty of people coming out for my daily lunch service the numbers have shrunken, and since this new face mask order went live it has dwindled significantly. I've still got a few "catering" style gigs which are essentially just BBQ delivery, but it helps. I'm doing 4 briskets (prime in my area was $3.28/Lb, so that's pretty amazing), and 70 chicken legs for a small event tomorrow. I'll try and remember to take a few pics when I pull them out of the rest for slicing.

Restaurant Depot has opened their doors to the public for the time being, so for those of you who have one in your area it's definitely worth checking out.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loc...-public-for-the-first-time-in-company-history

I'm not sure if all locations are doing it, but it's worth calling your local warehouse and checking if you're interested.

Restaurant Depot is a customer of mine and I hate everything about them.

Restaurant Depot is a customer of mine and I hate everything about them.

I'm not a huge fan myself...been overhcharged a few different times. Not to mention abhorrent customer service and excessive check out times...I usually spend more time waiting to check out than I do shopping.

I'm not a huge fan myself...been overhcharged a few different times. Not to mention abhorrent customer service and excessive check out times...I usually spend more time waiting to check out than I do shopping.

My company is a supplier. We have a national account with them so I have little leverage to fix anything. If they were managed by one of my local reps, I could actually do something. They're a colossal pain in the dick from requiring us to make delivery appointments weeks in advance to keeping my drivers there up to 3 hours beyond appointment times without ever getting them in a door to unload. They just suck top to bottom. My facility services 3 of their locations and they're all a problem. I have hundreds of customers and they are my least favorite. Glad we're not alone in hating them.

@xHeadx That turkey looks awesome man! Brisket looks nice and tender and juicy as well...good shit.

Thanks! No complaints for either. I smoked the brisket to 203 & the turkey to 165. The brisket was wrapped & stored in cooler for 2 hours before eating. The turkey went in the oven to crisp the skin. The wife made the dressing, tortillas & hot sauce. I'm getting hungry again!

Thanks! No complaints for either. I smoked the brisket to 203 & the turkey to 165. The brisket was wrapped & stored in cooler for 2 hours before eating. The turkey went in the oven to crisp the skin. The wife made the dressing, tortillas & hot sauce. I'm getting hungry again!

I'm STARVING right now and that crispy skin turkey on a wrap sounds sooooo good. haha Thanks for sharing buddy.

I’m doing an experiment to see what I like better, sous vide or reverse seared steak.

Using rib eye cap, salt and pepper for sous vide and salt, pepper and olive oil for the grill.
zbjzTkj.jpg

I’m doing an experiment to see what I like better, sous vide or reverse seared steak.

Using rib eye cap, salt and pepper for sous vide and salt, pepper and olive oil for the grill.
zbjzTkj.jpg

Interesting. I'm a high heat guy cooking my steaks on the grill at 600+. Let us know how things turn out!

EDIT: Steaks from a few days ago:

20200713_185036_SM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back