Satoshi Ishii

Mir does nothing when his back is against the cage.

Okay?

Ishii has nothing for him other than being able to hold him against the fence.

Mir can finish Ishii whichever way he prefers.

Do we need to discuss the "competition" that Ishii has been facing?

I say sure. Who cares if he gets cuts after losing his first two fights. UFC needs all the heavyweights they can get. Ishii has proven he's better than McCorkle and De Fries who both fought in the UFC. And he's probably better than the likes of Walt Harris and Nikta Krylov.

I say sure. Who cares if he gets cuts after losing his first two fights. UFC needs all the heavyweights they can get. Ishii has proven he's better than McCorkle and De Fries who both fought in the UFC. And he's probably better than the likes of Walt Harris and Nikta Krylov.

yeah but will he take mccorkle and de fries pay?

Lol McCorkle & De Fries were both cut from the UFC, but yet Ishii is proven for defeating them? K.

As a judo fan, I'd rather see guys signed to the UFC, that have demonstrated their MMA talent as opposed to being signed based solely on their Judo accomplishments.

Some just dont transition well, better to see that in the smaller orgs first.

The UFC should sign him.

I think he easily outgrapples Hunt and has a decent chance to wall and stall a victory against Mir.

I agree.

and for the guy saying Ishii should cut to LHW... he can, but why? The guy has less body fat % than guys like Cain at a solid 240lbs. He is too slow for LHW, and strong enough for the guys at HW.

Some of you are still overestimating the 'UFC calibre' heavyweights. Because he couldn't be top 3 they shouldn't sign him? No wonder the HW div is so appalling.

the guy has fought an impressive list of opponents for being so young in his career and for not being a UFC fighter. However he always seems to look unimpressive in his wins, his fight against De Fries was just meh

Lol McCorkle & De Fries were both cut from the UFC, but yet Ishii is proven for defeating them? K.

Yup it does, at least prospect wise. They were both once good enough for the UFC and he beat them. See that's how prospects are made. I mean at this point you could argue Ishii is better than the newly signed heavyweight Ruan Potts (just using him for example's sake). Now we don't know that for sure but if we're judging my records, then there should be no reason why Potts get signed and Ishii isn't.

But of course I forgot about pay and Ishii probably gets paid well fighting in Japan.

olympic gold medal = automatic ufc title shot

Actually, I think he will end up in WSOF, since they are heading to Japan.

I would rather see him there anyways, he hasn't proven to be UFC caliber yet.

Does WSOF even have heavyweights now that Arlovski and Rumble are gone?

Should def get picked up but I keep seeing rumors about WSOF. Maybe he signs with them for their card in Japan in the summer. Gonna come down to who pays him more.

He'd be an excellent addition for sure. He's got a shitload of potential.

Also, who the fuck fought 6 times in 2013?!

He has beaten former Pride, UFC and K-1 Champions and is on a good streak while being fairly young.

And why are people saying he's a small HW when he's listed at 240?

And why are people saying he's a small HW when he's listed at 240?

Because he has a failry high BF percentage when he is 240
By the way hasn't he been lower in weight recently ? 240 was his Judo olympics weight but he is more cut now and I remember he was just below 220 when he fought Fedor..

So to answer your question he is considered a small HW because he is 5'11.5 220ish

Back