Satoshi Ishii

MafiaMoniz

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
With the UFC heading back to Japan in September & Ishii getting another win off a former UFC fighter tonight that improves his record to 13-2 (loss to Yoshida & Fedor) is it now time for the UFC to make a move an sign the 27 year old Japanese HW?

Last word I got was he pissed off may people in Japan by leaving in his prime to pursue a MMA career and I'm sure him stating he wanted to compete for the US at the Olympics in Judo didn't make too many people happy either.

That info is dated, so if anyone has anything more up to date please fire away.

He's too small for the HW division.
He's too slow for the LHW division.

Probably not worth dealing with. Sure, there are a number of HWs on the roster he could decision just because he can actually grapple a bit and they can't.

But is he really going to make 8/8 to win boring decisions in undercard fights over guys that don't belong in the UFC? Somehow I don't see it.

used to come in my work all the time for pizza and beer. guy couldnt be nicer despite almost no english

As good a judoka as Ishii is, the rest of his MMA game isn't near good enough for him to hang with UFC heavyweights.

Probably not worth dealing with. Sure, there are a number of HWs on the roster he could decision just because he can actually grapple a bit and they can't.

But is he really going to make 8/8 to win boring decisions in undercard fights over guys that don't belong in the UFC? Somehow I don't see it.

meh, only people he's decision mainly have been guys that are hard to finish in general (aside from de fries, who has been TKO'd in his last few UFC fights b4 he got cut).

Def not fighting to get 8 and 8 tho lol

As good a judoka as Ishii is, the rest of his MMA game isn't near good enough for him to hang with UFC heavyweights.

Even if he lost very fight he had in the UFC, he would still be nice to have in the HW division. Set him up with someone like lavar Johnson and see what happens.

Even if he lost very fight he had in the UFC, he would still be nice to have in the HW division. Set him up with someone like lavar Johnson and see what happens.

So UFC should sign him and send him to fight a Bellator HW?

Last word I got was he pissed off may people in Japan by leaving in his prime to pursue a MMA career and I'm sure him stating he wanted to compete for the US at the Olympics in Judo didn't make too many people happy either.

That info is dated, so if anyone has anything more up to date please fire away.

Whoa whoa whoa, fill me in on the first paragraph. Is he a dual citizen or somethi?

Ishii has no upside. His own people detest him, and he is the farthest thing from an exciting fighter that there is.

He might not be the most popular guy, but he would be a top 10, possibly top 5 UFC hw. If he is cutting to lhw, he would be top 10.

Lost to Fedor after hendo fight? Dana wont sign him.

Actually, I think he will end up in WSOF, since they are heading to Japan.

I would rather see him there anyways, he hasn't proven to be UFC caliber yet.

Back