Satoshi Ishii

Think bellator or WSOF should sign Ishii, UFC's heavyweight division would eat him.

A Japanese heavyweight? Fuck it, why not?

He might not be the most popular guy, but he would be a top 10, possibly top 5 UFC hw. If he is cutting to lhw, he would be top 10.

Top 5?

1. Cain
  2. JDS
  3. Werdum
  4. Bigfoot
  5. Browne
  6. Overeem
  7. Barnett
  8. Hunt
  9. Mir
  10. Miocic
He wouldn't beat anyone of the above guys from 6th - 10th.

11. Nog
12. Nelson

13. Gonzaga
14. Schaub

He doesn't even have a very good chance at beating guys from 11th - 14th.

Last word I got was he pissed off may people in Japan by leaving in his prime to pursue a MMA career and I'm sure him stating he wanted to compete for the US at the Olympics in Judo didn't make too many people happy either.

That info is dated, so if anyone has anything more up to date please fire away.

He fights under Inoki's banner now. UFC would have to buy his contract first.

Best off cutting to lhw, but they would eat him up there too!
Imagine the speed difference between him and Rashad

I think de Fries won that fight. Ishii just took him down and controlled him
but de Fries was doing damage all night.

[YT]12J2BcINA0Y[/YT]

[YT]FzMLscVfI2Y[/YT]

Send him to Bellator. Minakov needs more scalps with some sort of name recognition.

I think it would be nice to see him n the UFC

ishi can't strike dude.

he just launches himself forward with a haymaker targeted nowhere and gets in to clinch, little clinch work, break, clinch again, takedown, grinds, referee stands him up, he does it again.

I think he'll be beaten by Walt Harris

would be nice to see him in the ufc

to bring a guy from another org you have to offer him a far better contract that the one he has right now.

Nothing is disclosed about salaries there I think but I'm pretty sure that Ishii makes easily more than 70% of the UFC HW roster and he has the comfort to fight always in his hometown as the poster boy.

Can't see UFC spending big money for him, maybe for Minakov but not for Ishii.

Considering the UFC was trying pretty hard to sign him before he debuted, it's not very far fetched to believe they'd look at him again, especially with his Olympic credentials.

Even if he isn't up to UFC level they can milk his gold medal to put over anyone that beats him and then send him on his way if he falters. If he succeeds then they look smart for letting him mature first.

Top 5?

1. Cain
  2. JDS
  3. Werdum
  4. Bigfoot
  5. Browne
  6. Overeem
  7. Barnett
  8. Hunt
  9. Mir
  10. Miocic
He wouldn't beat anyone of the above guys from 6th - 10th.

11. Nog
12. Nelson

13. Gonzaga
14. Schaub

He doesn't even have a very good chance at beating guys from 11th - 14th.

I think he easily outgrapples Hunt and has a decent chance to wall and stall a victory against Mir.

hes not worth getting,hes not exciting and being an olympic caliber athlete he probably wants more than hes worth.

No thank you. He's a really boring fighter to watch.

Back